Monday, December 31, 2012

Kasha

What is that you ask?  My Russian folk know it well, many Jewish folk may it is instead of a rice.  I grew up eating it for breakfast with cottage cheese, and all my kids love it, today was the baby's first time and he ate it up!

ka·sha


Noun
  1. A soft food made from cooked buckwheat or similar grain.
  2. Uncooked buckwheat groats.
 

Lately a few clients and others who are just ready to get started have called me up and said, Yulia, I am ready lets go!  I get so excited when someone is really ready, a friend came over yesterday, I did all her measurements, we set a goal to lose 25 pounds by April for a wedding of her friend, I gave her the basic plan, and some guidelines how to structure her meals.  The interesting thing is, most of what she was telling me, she already knew how to eat right, the Herbalife Nutrition Program, just made it easier and more convenient around what she was already doing.

Here are the basics my friends, besides the Healthy Meal Shake, which could be a meal or a snack, depends on your goal, here is what I, google, and every nutritionist in the world recommends.

1. Water
2. Protein (Lean meats, Dairy, Beans, Nuts, I have a list if anyone is interested in details)
3. Whole Grains (buckwheat is one of them :) http://www.naturalnews.com/025769_wheat_food_buckwheat.html
4. Healthy Fats (Avocado, Olive Oil, etc)
5. Fruits and Vegetables

We all know what to do, or mostly, all we are missing is an accountability partner, someone to point us in the right direction and track our progress, a cheerleader that celebrates success along the way.

I would love to be that for you in this New Year :)

Happy New Year Everyone,
Coach Yulia

No comments:

Post a Comment