Sunday, December 9, 2012

Cold Weather Fashion - Los Angeles Edition

Here I am in Moscow during winter time,
all bundled up, probably around 6 years old
My cousin lives five hours outside of Moscow, and now it is literally freezing temperatures, way below zero on the Celsius scale.  She is cracking up how in our weather we wear boots, hats, scarves, and bundle up for our picture perfect weather.

In LA, as well as Miami where I used to live, its all about accessories and accessorizing.  What boots are in style, what colors go together, what is the fashion of the season. 

It is fun to pretend that we actually have weather out here.  I do not mind at all, growing up in Miami made my blood thinner and when I first moved to LA twelve years ago, I was freezing.  Now after our summer heat waves, this cool weather is so refreshing.  In Miami, it is tropical downpours, and I don't even mean the hurricanes, I was in a major one when I lived there, Hurricane Andrew in the early 90's.  Every summer there is a warm rain, and it is hard to drive in it, the water is above the wheels sometimes on the highways.

Rain is very rare in Los Angeles, and everyone gets out their designer rain jackets, and umbrellas.  Recently it rained and even in my kid's pre-school, everyone had umbrellas.  Luckily in our Downtown LA, we have an area where you can get everything that is everywhere else for almost nothing.  I got 2 umbrellas for the kids for five dollars. SCORE!

Be Stylish My Friends,
I know I love to be,
We are so blessed that we do it for FASHION and FABULOUSNESS,
Coach Yulia
 

No comments:

Post a Comment