Saturday, December 29, 2012

Nurture Your Inner Child





Look closely, baby found his way under the table, Eli Tzvi on top, Ziona Sofia trying to get in on the action.  As a kid there really is never a boring moment.  I really enjoy how the baby is finding his way around, and get so excited to crawl to me, and when he sees something he wants, he knows he can get it.  I also love how my older two have such interesting games.  Lately she likes to be the mommy, and he likes to be a lion, how this goes together, I am not sure.  She is pushing her baby dolls in a stroller, and he carries a puppy in his teeth.







Today was so awesome, he has something that's like a fake microphone that echoes when you talk into it.  He came to me and said they were playing pirates, he put it to his eye like he was looking through a telescope, I just looked it up and in Pirate speak, its called a Spyglass :)  So he said he saw a ship, I went to their room, and high up on a shelf was a "Noah's Ark" ship, I had a huge smile on my face.  LOVE!


I was thinking today how with our babies and children, we are concerned with the basics, food, rest, bodily functions working properly, and happiness.  Shouldn't these important factors in our well being carry over into adulthood, or even adolescence?  So crazy how at such a young age, people want to fit into a society "norm" and starve themselves, start experimenting with things that are not good for us, and really beat up the body.


Yeah, I had a fun single life, luckily I did not get lost in it, and health and fitness was always my priority.


I challenge all of my readers to make a choice this New Year.  Choose Health, Life, and Happiness.  I love how my Yoga teacher says bodily functions should be pleasant :)  When our body works right, and we are surrounded by people we care about, and do what we love, there is minimal stress, and life is good.

Currently I am going through the natural stress of child rearing, which everyone tells me will pass by before a blink of an eye.  We are all under the weather, and did not leave the house today, and will not be leaving the house tomorrow.  This morning we heard Thunder in LA, it is very rare, so rare that I thought it might have been a loud garbage truck outside, until I heard some more, and my husband told me he saw lightning.  My neighbor also was laughing with me, when she thought it might have been something loud in the alley.

So my fellow adults, lets start getting back inward, find that inner child, what makes you really happy?  What kind of activities do you like to do?  What are your favorite foods to eat, lets work them into and around a healthy, balanced nutrition program.  Some of the poses we do in Yoga have us bringing the knees toward the shoulders, just like they were when we were in the womb.  Other poses are silly and make us laugh, laughter really is the best medicine.

Feeling blessed to get my own health in check, going to Dr. appointments, getting blood work.  I really feel all the preventive maintenance is so necessary, but it is also important to make sure to track where you really are.  You always hear stories about the healthiest people suddenly having some serious health issue.  Make this the year you know where you are, where you want to go, and have someone that will be with you every step of the way.  I love that I am that someone for a living, lets do it together :)

Coach Yulia



No comments:

Post a Comment