Thursday, December 13, 2012

Stay At Home Mom's, Hats Off To You

OMG! How do you do it, stay at home mom's? I have 3 days with my kids off of school, and am looking for things to do to keep them entertained while trying to keep the house together and get my work done.

The baby is napping and my son and daughter are playing together, so I have a moment.  In my single life I was always jumping from one adventure to another, leaving everything behind in one without looking back, no regrets, excited for a new stage in life.  I did just that when I met Sam in January, got married in August, had our first son the following September, and two more to follow.  However this is one adventure I will not step off of, it is for life, and that's what makes it a challenge for my personality.


In no way do I want it to ever end, but sometimes it gets overwhelming, because my personality and character gives everything, and when children are little they mostly take.  Of course you feel their love, and it is an investment in the future, but in the moment of it all, sometimes it is hard with all the whining, complaining, crying, negotiating, and we are the parent, friend, lawyer, referee, etc.

So yesterday I took them all around town, today we met one of my clients for my Hot Mama Power Walk, and had a nice day at the park after.  Now we are at home, its a bit chilly for us LA folk, so I made them some pasta for lunch, yes sometimes I can whip up something yummy, and now going to chill, clean, maybe watch a movie.

They have a lot going on with school and on Shabbat they always see their friends in the synagogue, so once in a while I think it is healthy for them to be home.  Just like they say so many toys out there make noise, move, do all the work for the brain, overstimulation is in our culture.  As a Yoga teacher, I firmly believe we need to balance it with down time and real life.

The kids are climbing all over me, so I gotta bolt, and get back to my day of Stay At Home Mom,
God Bless all of you that are Domestic Engineers, its the most challenging job in the world.

Coach Yulia

 

No comments:

Post a Comment