Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Ready to Doula

We went to a birthday party marathon a few Sundays ago, one was 11am-1pm and the other was 2pm-4pm. Luckily the weather was gorgeous, at the first one they invited a musician, and he had some instruments, and Matisyahu was in awe, Ziona Sofia, a natural performer, just dove right in. Eli Tzvi dove into the fall leaves with his guitar, he liked to jam on his own.

When I was pregnant with my first, luckily it was a wonderful pregnancy, I honestly enjoyed it, and kept busy until the end.  I was also just doing my own Yoga routine, with modifications of course, up until month 9, and then I literally could not bend or stretch into certain poses, and that is when I found the world of Prenatal Yoga, and it had an immense impact on me.  I learned that contractions last an average of one minute, and I knew I could handle ANYTHING for one minute. 

I have been in my own mommy world for the past 5 years, and after Matisyahu, who is now 9 months old, I got inspired to be a Doula.  Specifically a Labor Doula, not a midwife who delivers, not a postpartum who helps the mom after the birth.  I am with the mother at the onset of labor, helping her find comfortable positions and get in her own zone, find her breath, massage, Yoga.  Before labor, we meet a few times, and learn about the exact birth that the mother would love to have, while being open to what she will need in the moment.  I had a Doula for my first two kids, and it really set me free, I was able to let go of control, because I knew someone qualified was in control.  I remember I would get out of my zone to check in and ask her "AM I OK?" and she would say yes, and that was good enough for me, just went back to my breath, and being in the moment of the miracle of it all.

I am currently in Doula Training and have clients lined up for February and March, for anyone that is interested in learning more about a Doula, or considering a Doula, please do not hesitate to call me with any questions, 323.377.0707.

During my training I am offering all of my services for $300, which will include prenatal visits, education, nutrition, labor, birth, and postpartum visits.  We would be constantly in touch, with any questions or advice that a mother might need.  My 10 years of Yoga instruction, Prenatal Yoga focus, and 3 babies has got me overjoyed to take this next step.

Coach Yulia



No comments:

Post a Comment