Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Someday vs Today

Saba and Eli Tzvi watching TV at our house


As with all of us, my thoughts are constantly jumping around, and when I sit down to write, new things pop up to what I wanted to write about earlier.  My kids are in school, my husband along with his brother and sister and extended family are mourning together for seven days, today is the 6th day.  Friends come over to my father in laws apartment, bring food, reminisce, we were there with a lot of kids the other day, and they were running around, making noise, bringing life into a sad moment in time. 

There is a picture of my father in law with my son when he was a baby, he saw it and said, there is Saba, grandfather in Hebrew.  I have told him that Saba is with Hashem, God, and he is trying to understand it and asks interesting questions.  I am so curious to learn more about his life, he had a huge family, and travelled all over the world, ran from the Holocaust, served in the Israeli Army as well as the Romanian army where he was born.

So it all relates to the topic of the day, the real question is "Why Not Today?"  I am taking an amazing seminar that has me delving into how I operate and why.  We were talking about how amazing my parents are, they were well educated in Russia, my mom graduated from Moscow Conservatory, was a conductor for choirs, and my father was a Mechanical Engineer.  They left for my brother and I without looking back, no regrets, no resentment. 

My father with no language worked in restaurants, cleaned toilets, eventually got a job as a draftsman, we bought a Sub shop called Joyce's Subs, in Denver, Colorado.  My brother and I would take a bus from school to work there and help out, and we loved eating anything we wanted :)

One thing that I became aware of in yesterdays seminar is that my parents worked so hard and always said that "Someday" they will enjoy life, go on vacation, have a break, and that is the immigrant mentality.  There is a living to make, there are children to support, not only now, but later for college, etc.

I did not like the "Someday" concept, I told my father, no matter what I do I will have fun :) and the funny thing is that I switched it around.  My father worked and made money and someday he would have fun.  I would have fun and someday would make money.  I have been so blessed to attract the most beautiful things in my life, including travel, wild adventures, Yoga, my husband and my new life.  The one thing that I do not attract is money, because deep down I connect it with working like a dog, not spending time with kids, and eventually the health suffering.

It is so amazing to become conscious to what I decided at a very young age, money is not happiness.

Here is my new decision and way of looking at life;

I have found a way through Yoga, Herbalife, and being a Doula to make a good living doing what I love, inspiring others, giving people a glimpse of what is possible.  All I have to do is share that it doesn't have to be someday, it can be today if you choose and take action.

Coach Yulia

No comments:

Post a Comment