Saturday, December 22, 2012

Why did I wake them up!


As I have been sharing, sleep has been scarce in my house as of late.  They all are good sleepers, Thank God, but they all have been taking turns to wake up in the middle of the night, because of teething, clinginess, and unfortunately cold season is here.

So it is just after 9:30pm and I hope they are all out for the night.  We had a wonderful Day of Rest, went to the synagogue, saw tons of friends, kids had a great time playing, weather was gorgeous, food was delicious. 

We got home around 2pm, and I was exhausted, and excited to get all of us to bed.  The best way to make this happen is if the baby is out, he has his own bed, then as you see above is my king size bed, and I am in the middle, my son on one side and my daughter on the other.  This was from the other day, and I just loved how their hands were up and bodies turned similarly, so coordinated! seemed like a dance :)

So we probably didn't go to sleep until about 4pm, baby right before that, and at 5:30pm baby woke up, and I didn't want the kids sleeping too late, or they wouldn't want to go to sleep at a decent hour.  So I woke them up promising food and movies.  My daughter was super fussy and crying in my ear, took her a while to snap out of good nap mode, my son was ok with food and a movie, the baby is the happiest baby in the world, Thank God.

Overall not a bad idea to wake them from their nap, but now it was bed time, so many times they came out of their room, they have bunk beds:

I want a drink
I am hungry
The baby is loud
Put on my blanket

and this was after I gave them a vitamin (incentive for bed time always before bed) and said the night time prayer (Shma) - OY VEY!

The baby is just learning how to crawl, he is just 9 months, and oh so yummy, I think he was super excited, and also kept on sitting up, and not ready to be out for the night.

I think it finally happened, and its ok, because it is supposed to rain tomorrow, so I hope they sleep in.  Lucky me, my early risers usually get up at 6am no matter what - these are good problems :)

Have a great week,
Happy Sunday,
Shavua Tov,
Happy Holidays,
Coach Yulia

 

No comments:

Post a Comment