Thursday, December 20, 2012

Enjoy the Silence

When I have quiet, I can rest, think, plan, and just enjoy the calmness of the moment.  Some people need music to sleep, the TV always on, or be connected somehow to the phone or internet.  It is so nice to be disconnected by choice.  I love multi-tasking, but it does get to a point, especially with kids, that you do not have one moment to take a breath.

My cousin who was just here from Russia hit the nail on the head, she said I am always running around in Kilometers, basically a 5K every morning, and any other time my kids are around.  What happens is, as I make my way around the house, I see another thing that needs to get done, so I stop doing what I am doing and finish something else, then a child needs me, so I stop that, and then I just keep running, and "oh yeah-ing," as I see what has to be done.

Here is our usual morning:

No matter how late kids go to bed, we now try 7-8, because they always wake up 6am.

My husband goes to the synagogue, and I get the kids something to eat, the baby also wakes up at this time, luckily they are all good sleepers overall.  Lately not so much because of teething, sniffles, and DRAMA :) I am getting their lunches ready, trying to get myself ready, trying to get their clothes ready, I find myself checking the daily weather since ti changes all the time in our wonderful Los Angeles.

7:30 My husband comes home and it's bath time for Eli Tzvi and Ziona Sofia.  In the morning you ask?  It was a compromise we made, he loves to shower twice a day, but I insist the kids only once a day.  I know most parents give a night bath before bed, we do that for the baby.  I don't like the hair wet for the night anyway.  He likes them fresh and clean in the morning after the potty :) so the morning it is.  I get them dressed, and we get out the door to have them at school between 8:30am-9am.

I always say in Yoga, if you don't put yourself first, who else is going to do it.  It is not selfish, its self care.  Especially if you have kids, TAKE CARE OF MAMA AND PAPA!

Enjoy the cold weather fashion below,
Coach Yulia



 

No comments:

Post a Comment