Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Power of Two

Never a boring moment with these two, THANK GOD!  They have so much energy, and the best part is they have fun together.  My brother and I are 18 months apart, so I really wanted my kids to be 18 months apart as well.  Thank God that is what happened, it was not easy in the beginning having them so close, but I knew that one day they would be best friends, just like my brother and I who are close to this day.

What is also wonderful, since they have each other, and do not even remember where there was a day without each other, they are both so sweet to baby Matisyahu.  I love to watch how they invent interesting games, and have amazing imaginations.  It's cool to also see Ziona Sofia taking the lead sometimes, but they really like to play together and take turn creating the game.

Yesterday when we got home from synagogue it was so hot, I really felt like I was back in Miami, by the time we walked the 5 blocks home, I was literally dripping.  Baby started crying, kids started getting rambunctious, and I just had to take a minute for myself.  They were trying to calm the baby, and I had to go take a quick shower to get my bearings.  How I survived Miami for 15 years, I honestly do not know.  The funny thing is I do not like being cold, but I am so spoiled now by our LA magic weather, too much heat gets me, even when we get the hot Santa Ana winds from the desert.  Last year in August we went to Miami to visit friends, and it was hard to breathe, its like the humidity gives you a hug.  The only place you can handle it is when you are at the beach, and that is the only thing I miss, I love LA, but there is nothing like the Miami Beaches, warm, therapeutic, sexy, fun, and 24/7.  I took my kids to the beach here a few weeks ago, and they were scared, even to get our feet when, the water was FREEZING.  They have been taking swimming lessons in a pool, but the beach is scary with those waves sucking you in.  We want to visit my brother in law a few hours from here, and there is a lake we could swim in, I hope the kids try things in life without fear.  I think that applies to everything in life, food, events, exercise, etc.  How do you know if you really like it or not if you do not try?  I always say to people who have never done my Yoga, try it once, and then decide.

My husband has a busy day, and later on we are going to a celebration with friends, so now I am just trying to "clean and organize," the never ending task for my personality, and add kids to the mix - OY VEY.

Stay Cool,
Coach Yulia

2 comments:

  1. so U have a babysitter? enjoy celebrating with your friends... Even if it is humide in Miami, everybody dreams to go to Miami like to go to LA and U lucky girl, we lived in both cities.

    ReplyDelete