Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Patience

So I get to my Hot Mama Power Walk yesterday, as it happens, sometimes moms have things come up, so people cancel last minute.  I decide to get my workout in some other way, I really wanted to go to the gym and do Zumba, but until my baby is 6 months, I am unable to take him to the gym with me.  For all of us who live in LA, there really is just no excuse not to be active, there are so many places to take a walk or a hike, or even a free beach workout :) message me if you want more info on that.

Nearby we have the Culver City Stairs, which I have done once a few weeks ago with the baby in my carrier, it was super intense.  Today, felt much more powerful, and full of energy, made it up faster, partly thanks to my Herbal Green Tea Concentrate, that also burns 80 calories per cup!

So my baby fell asleep when I got to my Active Nutrition Club to lead my Power Walk, and he was still asleep when I arrived at the Culver City stairs. I didn't want to wake him up, I sat in my air conditioned car for 45 minutes, checking emails, listening to a variety of music on sirius xm, and waited patiently for him to wake up.  I was not going to miss my workout, and I wanted him to get the sleep he needed, especially since he is a little under the weather.

I feel so blessed to have the time and flexibility to accommodate my baby and myself.  Bless all the parents that have to work all day and have their kids in daycare, or even the stay at home moms, but the dads work all day.  It's not easy to hustle and only depend on yourself, and no steady paycheck.  It's a lot of work, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I met an amazing mom who had her 4 year old in camp and is off for the little bit of summer that is left.  She helped me hold the baby while I put on the carrier.  That was her first time ever at the stairs, then on top I met a couple, she is always there, mainly for her peace of mind, and her other half drove up to see the view and surprise her.  On the way down I met a really happy, friendly guy, I invited all of them to my beach workouts.  I figured, they like the outside, they like our free natural resources, I can hook them up with more of the same.

I love what I do, I love being social, I love the fulfillment of inspiring others, I love making my own schedule, I love that part of my job is to get in the best shape of my life.  Does this sound like you?  I am looking for more leaders to join my team.

Last night took patience to a whole new level, first time every I didn't have a happy baby, he cried most of the night, I even put him in the car and drove around, it worked for a little bit, I am exhausted, but he deserves all of me, all of the time.

Coach Yulia
323.377.0707

1 comment:

  1. Yep U look tired? I don't even know where U find the strenght to exercize! Here the gymchlub don't allows Kids there, U R very lucky that in LA they have a playground to look after the kids, that is sooo cool...

    ReplyDelete