Friday, August 10, 2012

Go Go Go - STOP

I found this amazing article in our community magazine about tips for life, and for the Jewish people in my community, some of these will really hit home.  I also love how there are great tips about laundry, grocery shopping, and how to conduct ourselves in life to get the most out of it for us and people we love.

TGIF has a whole new meaning for those observing Shabbat, the Day of Rest.  I am so ready to go, non stop, full on the whole week, but when Friday comes I know Shabbat is around the corner, and my body and mind are so ready to STOP!  Whatever routine you have in your life, make sure you have rest and recreation inserted in there somewhere.

There is a sad story that happened in the gym that I teach, I do not know all the details, but a woman in her 50's who has been working out for over 25 years, religiously coming to every kind of class, went home after a class last week, had a heart attack, and passed away.  I do not know this woman personally, but I keep hearing from all the students and teachers what a shock this was and how sad it is.  I was wondering if she had any pre existing conditions, or how she was nourishing her body.  Even if she was pushing it in a positive way, we need to fuel it with the right nutrients, water, and rest.  What would happen if we didn't put gas in our car? Also what would happen if we would push our car to the limit without preventive maintenace and care?  The body is the same, so it had me wondering, why did her body just give up.  I had a woman in my Pilates class a long time ago have a seizure, she was completely healthy, had no clue why it happened, and when the paramedic checked her out, he told her she was dehydrated!  Seems so simple, but it is easy to do, and it is easy not to do.  We are so busy with the "TO DO's" in our life, that we FORGET to eat, drink, rest - doesn't it seem crazy how we put ourselves last?  We treat our kids, pets, and cars better than we treat our own shell, which we only have one of in this lifetime, and when something hits us, we wonder, where did it come from? Usually, unless genetic, things don't just happen overnight, it is years of neglect, not paying attention, not getting yourself checked out.

TAKE CARE OF YOU, OR WHO ELSE IS GOING TO DO IT?

Even a little extra weight affects your body, having low muscle mass affects your bones, when will we all WAKE UP?

TUNE IN,
FEEL NOW,
LET IT ALL GO (not your body :) just the worries, regrets, what if's)
BE YOU,
Happy Day of Rest,
Happy Weekend
Yulia

1 comment: