Friday, August 17, 2012

One door closes, another one opens

Just got home from taking an amazing Yoga class, and had my yummy chocolaty post workout shake
Oh life, sometimes we really think its the end of the world, and for many people the only thing they argue about is money stuff.  I love when something amazing happens, and it never would have happened, unless something else didn't fall apart.

I am being very vague, because the details just do not matter - and once again I want to emphasize that it makes no sense to "worry in advance," and to just give up on it all.  It is so important to be open to circumstances that can come your way exactly when you really need them.  That has happened to me all of my life, and Thank God, I just know it will all work out, I really deep down have that trust.

It drives my husband nuts, because he is a realist, and it is good for me to have him as a counterbalance.  Honestly it all comes down to respect - I love the quote that "a good relationship is two independent people choosing to be with each other."  In order for that to really be the case, ups and downs will happen, disagreements will happen, but when its all said and done, you are a team, a support system for life. 

In Judaism it emphasizes that the husband is the king and the wife is the queen, both as important, and as a woman, it is up to us to treat and make our husband feel like the king.  Not always easy for a strong personality like me, who after being single for 34 years, I have either had it my way or go away.  Now, different priorities, especially that we have our babies, time to step out of my "all about me," world.  Not so easy, especially since that is my main message in Yoga, take care of you,or who else is going to do it, its not selfish, its self care.

OY VEY

I am so ready to turn my brain off from this crazy week!  One more week of camp for the kids, then I have to become the "entertainment" before school starts.  Thankful that tomorrow is Shabbat, and I get to sleep in with the baby, while my husband takes the kids to synagogue.

Love my sleep,
Miss my sleep,
Love my balance,
Miss my balance,
Thank God for Shabbat to put it all in perspective,
and then to be ready to face life all over again :)
Shabbat Shalom,
Yulia

2 comments:

  1. Bravo Yulia to make your marriage work 200%

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a great idea the photo of what U R taking with H.

    ReplyDelete