Sunday, August 19, 2012

Made of Honey


My maiden name is Medovoy, in Russian it means made of honey, so hence the themes of my wedding.  I had those cute little candles, a few of them on each table, with the most brilliant bee pins, they were like thumb tacks, that I pushed right into each candle.  Our wedding was right before Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year, so our gift for the guests was a jar of honey, which is the tradition, we eat it for a sweet year ahead.  On top of the honey you see a jewel, my husbands last name, Edelshtain means precious stone, even our wedding invitation was designed by me, and it had a stone being dropped into a honey jar.

Last Tuesday was our 5 year anniversary, and today by the Jewish Calendar is the day we got married, so we are getting a babysitter, and going to a fancy dinner, we also got some massages that we will enjoy later on.

Each of my babies, when I smell the top of their head, I smell honey, maybe it comes from me :) maybe it is the smell of all babies.  I cannot inhale deeply enough, it smells so delicious, I want to keep that yummy head right next to my nose all day.

Today we have a birthday party for the kids in the morning, then have to pop into my mother in laws, her birthday is the day after our wedding, she is celebrating it today.  Then we bring the kids home and enjoy our dinner, I am excited, my husband is the most amazing cook, and there really is no place like home for an outstanding meal.  However, I got my degree in Hospitality Management, and enjoy the ambiance of dining out, I enjoy being served, I enjoy tasting new things.  I really do enjoy being served period, love getting the mani-pedi, the massages, you name it, I love it - getting my hair done with Glenda is the best!

I am always trying to see the positive side of every situation in life, I think that is what keeps me sane.  When reality hits, I do everything I can to spin it to my favor, I guess being super positive is as intense as the other option.  Thank God I get it from my mom and her mom, they have been through so much, and are still laughing every day, dreaming, creating, always seeing possibilities - Thank God I have those genes.

Wishing everyone a happy, positive, enjoyable, blessed Sunday
Coach Yulia

1 comment:

  1. U R wonderful Yulia and i love the tradition U mentionned ;@) I didn't know that Medovoy meant such a pretty name , so cool.

    ReplyDelete