Sunday, August 26, 2012

Exhausted!

Got to bed sooooooo late last night, kids were just not having it, my brother in law hooked us up with an amazing room with a loft, my husband and I are upstairs with the baby, and kids are downstairs, and they just want to play, and play, and PLAY!

We had to options this morning, one bus left at 8:17am to Yosemite, and the next bus left at 9:17am, we tried our best and just made it at 9am to catch the later bus, but then I noticed that we were going only to a certain area of Yosemite, and not the main area, and the research I was doing was yet in a different area.  Overall glad we did it, but with kids you definitely had to drive, it was just too long of a day with Trees, Rocks, Lakes, Rivers, which is beautiful, but not much else to entertain my younger kids, and not too enthusiastic adults who are not in love with hiking, and were indulging my desire to do this.

In a way Thank God we caught the later bus to the closer part of the park, so we got home earlier, kids were so exhausted, passed out on the bus back, and now its fun, fun, fun trying to get them to sleep for the night.

The weather is interesting, in the sun it feels too hot and very bright, and in the shade it literally gets really cold and windy.  Luckily I brought jackets for everyone, so we were ok, my baby was a trooper too, had him in my baby carrier for the first part of the day.  With young kids the hikes are a little too long, other experienced hikers had those big kid carry packs on their back.

I didn't sleep last night, had a long day of managing kids and trying to make it fun for everybody, and now hopefully we will all get a good night of sleep, we will be here just for the morning, and will head back to get home at a decent hour, so we all could start our week refreshed.

Life is an adventure,
or at least I am trying to make it that way :)
Coach Yulia


Great Pic in Mammoth Lakes, CA, sorry for the funny eyes, couldn't fix it :)
 

1 comment: