Saturday, August 18, 2012

Bringing Yesterday into Tomorrow

My amazing hairdresser, Glenda and I at my wedding, seriously folks, she is the best :)
I am reading an amazing book called "The Five Love Languages," and it had the most powerful sentence:  "I am amazed by how many individuals mess up every new day with yesterday."  This really resonated with me, because I see this every day, everywhere, especially in modern media, its always about drama, revenge, and "all about me."

Especially in a relationship it is so important to be there for each other, always focus on moving forward, and checking in with each other, making sure the "yesterdays" get faced, dealt with, taken care of.  Easy to say right?  We grow up in this world of being tough and taking care of ourselves, and then we find "the one," and realize it is work.  It's amazing, and the work makes it more amazing, but while you are doing the work, it is so important to step out of our own way.

Tomorrow by the Jewish Moon Calendar, it is Rosh Chodesh Elul, it is my wedding day 5 years ago, and my baby is 5 months old.  This is a very special month, it is the month before the Jewish New Year, and many important holidays that follow, where we take a look at the past year, forgive and ask forgiveness, and then celebrate starting fresh, with a new awareness.

Yes it is important to learn from yesterday, and know your history, and learn from it, but on a day to day basis, it is all about being present, yes planning for the future is good, yes embracing the past is good.  However living now is what its all about.

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift

Coach Yulia

2 comments:

  1. That was one of my text books from college! I kept it because it was so powerful!! I read your blogs every time I catch one and they always make my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope U had fun, Happy anniversary Yulia and wish U many many more... By the way, U look gorgeous on this photo of the day;@)

    ReplyDelete