Thursday, August 30, 2012

I don't know what I'm doing

Do we ever really know exactly what we are doing?  I guess it depends on what specifically we are talking about.  Sometimes in life you just leap in and learn along the way, especially where children are concerned. 

I have been teaching Yoga for over 10 years, there are so many different styles, some more workout based, some more meditational.  People that connect to the Yoga I teach love that its a little bit of everything, and we really step of the world for an hour, and feel like you get a full body massage.  To each their own, and honestly, I am so passionate about what I do, It does not matter to me if it is not someones style, and they would rather do another type of yoga.

So I get to the gym last night, drop off my kids at the kids club, the girl who works there is a friend of mine, and when she went to the front desk earlier that day, she heard a lady complaining about my Yoga class, and this is what she said that "I don't know what I'm doing!"  I guess the phrase just makes no sense to me, and I really don't take things personally, but whoa, that is the most ridiculous and hilarious statement I have ever heard.  I let it go, taught my class, a few regulars came up and asked to buy my Yoga DVD/CD Combo, and I thanked them for understanding and loving my style, and I shared with them that someone said that "I don't know what I'm doing."  We had a laugh, but it is just so odd, my brain cannot wrap around the comment.  I wish she came up to me and told me exactly how she likes her Yoga, and sometimes for new people, it is confusing, so they get overwhelmed, because my Yoga is very psycological, its about facing yourself, dealing with learning something new, forgetting that there are other people in the room, and just doing your best.

In our world of over stimulation, we are always distracted from life, when it is quiet, and you are supposed to relax your body and find where it feels good, if a person does not want to feel, or has a nuerotic mind full of junk, like we all do, but won't let it go, then Yoga could be frustrating, because it is about saying, this is my reality, I am here, I accept it, I respect it, and I am working at it.

I tell people, just like everything else in life it takes practice.  Ok thank you for letting me get that out, and now back to the thought of, does anyone really know what they are doing?  It is all about how you feel about yourself, its all about feeling inspired, passionate, and in love with your life.  I think that is the only way you really know, and when something you don't know comes along, we try our best to keep anger, frustration, and feeling overwhelmed to the side, take a deep breath, and figure out a way to deal.  Family, friends, or people in the same circumstances could give great advice and support.

I feel that life is always throwing something new at us, and I think that is the point, when we decide to make it work, when we decide to commit, when we decide to be consistent, when we decide to learn a system that will work for us - then things do not pile up, you know where everything is, and there is no clutter in the mind because of the clutter in life.

That is what I am working on, a system to de clutter - but there is one thing I know that I know, and that is that I love exchanging energy with my Yoga students that need my Yoga for their own mind and body.  I need them as much as they need me, when I teach I completely turn off from the world, and recharge.  Thank God I was open, and found my teacher Raghavan, and had my parents support to get certified, and had people resonate with what I knew, I knew that I would be doing Yoga for the rest of my life.  For my sanity, for my health, and to inspire other people to find their peace, and get everything working right.  When bodily functions are working properly, we can really live our lives, otherwise we are in the moment of DIS-EASE - Yoga at all times, even the power Yoga should be done with EASE - like a dance or a martial art, flowing, everything balancing and counterbalancing to find where it feels good.

FEEL GOOD MY FRIENDS,
Coach Yulia


1 comment:

  1. wao 10 years a Yoga ;@) a decade is passing us by just like that...

    ReplyDelete