Saturday, June 1, 2013

Gift From God

My sister in law told me that I picked the perfect name for my baby, because he really is a gift from God, and that is what his name means.  Matisyahu in English and Ashkenazi spelling, and Matityahu in Hebrew, he was a very important leader in the Chanukah story. We picked the name because we liked it and we had a lot of people starting with the letter M to name after, little did we know it was exactly his description.

Matityahu - Matityahu was the father of Judah Maccabi. Matityahu means "gift of God."

He was born 5 weeks early, saved me a month of pregnancy and at almost 6 pounds, we were home in two days.  My husband and I were a bit shocked at his demeanor, we love our older two kids, however as babies, they were super fussy, clumsy, and intense.  Matisyahu was calm, happy, loved to eat, sleep, and poop.

One night he was screaming, and we didn't know what to do, usually when my husband looks at him, it calms him down, but that night we were both wondering what was wrong.  He had his first ear infection, and when you lie down it is even more painful.  Lucky for us, the second ear infection is here along with a high fever.  My husband went to synagogue today with the kids, the baby cried for a full hour, but it is amazing to observe myself with him, I just stayed calm and let him express his pain and discomfort.  With the other kids, I had to hand them over to my husband and go for a walk and breathe before having a clear head.

Thank God he really never complains, cries, or fusses unless something is really wrong.  He is really clear about what he wants, and all of us, my husband and kids, enjoy his happy, calm energy.  I call him my Yoga baby, and my older son really wants to be my Yoga baby too, so he keeps on asking me about Yoga poses and showing me what he thinks could be a pose :)

He finally fell asleep for a few hours this afternoon, then my kids got home, my husband went to see a friend, and at first all was OK, then they started fighting, first he did something, then she did something, I was so over it, my patience is so slim with them, I put them in their beds at 6pm and told them to play, read, or talk quietly and fall asleep when they were ready.  Usually we put them to bed at 7pm anyway, they wake up every morning 6 or 6:30 in the morning.  We tried to put them later hoping they would wake up later, NOPE, so we said why suffer, even if they don't exactly fall asleep at 7, preparations are always under way.

So I just gave the baby his final antibiotic and tylenol and he tossed and turned for half an hour, heavy snoring, hitting his head where his ear is, elbowed me in the eye, kicking, fussy, crying - even though I don't like all of my kids beating up on me here and there, I just love that little guy, and I just want him to feel better soon.

Feel Good,
Shavua Tov,
Stay Cool,
Enjoy the rest of your weekend,
Coach Yulia

No sleep since baby has been sick, crazy kids all day after they got home, believe it or not I will transform tomorrow for a  photoshoot that I have for headshots for my website and promotional materials - excited  for hair and makeup!

No comments:

Post a Comment