Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Like Father, Like Son


This picture was taken on last years RV road trip, Matisyahu was four months old, and already in training.  My husband and his father drove trucks together, so he is passing down his trade :)

This year our baby was already on his own, and these were his thoughts:
I am ready to hit the road
Am I really ready?

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Have a Great Summer Everybody
 
Overall everything is great, thanks to Sam's great friend that is always helping us out and watching our place and car while we are gone.  He is also an electronics genius, figured out our DVD and VCR, yes VCR, we have some kids movies from the old ages.  He also made us aware that our iPhones have a hot spot, so I can get wifi from anywhere, and I am excited that I just figured it out, and am typing now, while we are checking out our RV and car, making sure everything is alright, baby is sleeping, so far the projects I got from the 99 cent are working.  Here and there we have some tantrums, but I bust out with a new fun toy or game, and they are distracted.

When we finally left yesterday evening, I was just exhausted, it was around 6:30pm, the kids were tired, but not sleeping, baby is just starting to walk, so he doesn't want to stay still even for a second.  I was loading all day, while my husband was running around making sure we had our last minute necessities, getting the RV and car just right so we have a safe trip.

Once the kids were asleep, I had to organize some things, then just fell asleep for a little while, then tried to keep my husband company late into the night.  Thank God we were able to get decent sleep, and now are on the way.

This whole adventure keeps on getting hiccups, but there is nothing stopping us.  It might frustrate us, but we will persevere.  This is not easy, it is not relaxing, and sometimes not even fun, but it is a great adventure and a great memory.  I also get to see family and friends that I haven't seen in a while, so I am excited and it is all worth it.

Life is not easy,
You still gotta live it,
and find the gems, highs, and everlasting happy times that you relive in your mind,
Coach Yulia






No comments:

Post a Comment