Sunday, June 16, 2013

HUGS - Happy Father's Day

Happy Birthday to my cousin Roman, he lives in Boston, and that is my amazing 97 year old Babushka Anna, this was in 1999, it was my final year of working on cruise ships, and we sailed into Boston, MA for a visit. 
Notice my ankle, I twisted it wearing sneakers running down a flight of stairs on the ship, the next day I had a walking tour of Scotland, so I found the nearest pharmacy and bough the ankle brace in Edinburgh. 

Thank God my kids sleep good, everyone wakes up refreshed and overall happy.  I was telling them this morning how wonderful sleep is and to notice how good they feel, and when it's time to go to sleep at night to know how good they will feel in the morning.  So the baby woke up last night, and I didn't want to wake up the kids so I took him to our bed, of course he fell right back asleep, but totally woke up my husband, but he had an early day anyway.  So I heard Eli Tzvi waking up and now the kids know not to come to my room and wake me so they go and hang on the couch in the living room if I am still asleep.  The baby was waking up too, so I told Eli Tzvi to come to my room, and the cutest thing happened.  Matisyahu reached out wanting to give him a hug, and they hugged.  It was so sweet, and Eli Tzvi told him to do it again, and he did - YUM! That is what parenthood is all about, it is those moments that get you through EVERYTHING.

My kids are so blessed to have my husband as their father, he is very straightforward, very real, nurturing, yes intense at times, but I think it is healthier to be the real you than to hold things in.  All we can do is keep learning, from each other, from our children, from our friends, family, and community.


My father was and is the best role model, he is the do as I do example, he is smart, handsome, giving, and real.  He is a mechanical engineer by trade, and he can fix almost everything, and if he comes upon something new, he will figure out how to fix that too by asking, reading, and just doing.  That is one of the most important lessons he taught my brother and I, always ask questions, even if it is a little embarrassing, better to feel a little foolish, but learn more in the long run.


He works out every day, he watches what he eats, he is still one of the most handsome men I know, all of my girlfriends are in awe :)  That is another important lesson, take care of yourself, look good, feel good, it will affect and inspire everyone around you.

Thank You Papachka for my exotic looks, my sense of direction, my I can do anything outlook on life, and my free spirit, I love you.

Yulichka

No comments:

Post a Comment