Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Bye Bye School

Life is change, life is learning and growing, life is moving on to next stages.  I wonder how little kids really feel about that, are they DONE with school, or have they really enjoyed the routine of it all and their friends and then it just ends?  I felt a little sadness that it all ends today, the kids have had such a wonderful year and have really grown physically, intellectually, emotionally, and spiritual.  I suppose that is the lesson in life and one of the reasons for school, even college, it is to show yourself that you can start and finish something.  I am excited both of my kids are going to the same school next year, Eli Tzvi will learn how to read and write Hebrew, and he will have a graduation from preschool, isn't that the cutest thing ever??!!

Last year the kids went to another school that they loved, and they still remember their friends and teachers, it is so amazing to me that they are so little but they form bonds and memories, it is really amazing.  We have been so blessed, and I Thank God everyday that along with my husband I married this special, vibrant, diverse, caring, giving, sharing, learning, and I could go on and on.

We are getting our place ready, we will have tenants while we are on our trip, and it feel so good to go through everything, out with the old, and not necessarily in with the new.  I really do not want more stuff, I just want to clear, I really feel content.

Had a wonderful meeting with a new Doula client yesterday, I really feel like it just flows from me, I feel that it completes the puzzle of my services, I feel so blessed to support women in this miracle that our bodies know how to do, but we have to focus on getting the mind out of the way.

I am going DEEP, ready?

So another amazing Doula and I in our community were talking, and she was telling me when an animal is giving birth and they see a lion, they stop giving birth, run to a safe place and continue with their birth.

When a human is in labor, she does not need to see the lion, SHE ONLY NEEDS TO IMAGINE THE LION, our mind is very powerful, if we learn that there is no way to completely get away from the pain, we learn all the tools and support that can get us through it.  The best part is when there is an unmedicated birth, you literally feel like yourself again right after, sure you are healing, but you can walk, nurse, and no side effects.

I find this very powerful and it makes me think of the Garden of Eden story, when the snake convinced Eve to eat the Apple from the Tree of Knowledge, and she gave it to Adam.

So because of her sin, women would have to feel her childbearing pains, and it made me realize that it is because of knowledge we have this fear of pain, animals don't they just do it, our body knows what to do.  However unlike animals we are upright, so the baby does have a journey to go through, and for that journey I definitely needed support and my Doula was exactly what I needed.

Women Feel Your Power,
We Are Miracles,
Embrace Your Strength,
Support Each Other,
We Can Do It Together!
Coach Yulia

He loves walking with the chair, he loves sitting on a chair, Matisyahu is almost 15 months!



No comments:

Post a Comment