Thursday, June 6, 2013

Woman Power



Tuesday, June 11th, I will be a part of an amazing even empowering women in our community.  I am so honored to be part of the line up, and excited to share and connect.

When my family immigrated from Russia, we moved to Denver, Colorado and my parents were advised to send us to the Jewish school, or otherwise we would not get any Jewish education.  For 8 years I went to an Orthodox Jewish school, and I feel blessed that I was a very innocent child, happy, enjoy simple things in life.  I also had a blast, there were five of us from Russia, and we are bonded to this day.  When I turned 13 we moved to Miami, Florida and my secular life began, I was shocked to go to public school and see everyone was dating, wearing makeup, shaving their legs, it was a whole different world.  My parents bought a house in a wonderful neighborhood where I made lifetime friends and went to a great diverse high school.  It actually had a lot of Jewish kids there, but they were grandchildren of immigrants, and that is just a whole different mentality.  We were struggling, they were enjoying the lifestyle that their ancestors worked so hard for.  I had friends from all walks of life, and had a great time growing up in Miami, and carried on my fun, free, single lifestyle into Los Angeles.  Once I met my husband it was just perfect timing, I was ready to jump into a new adventure, and kind of getting over the party scene, and 8 months later we were married, and 5 years later we had three kids.  The best part is that I really feel I have come full circle, all the things I learned in my Jewish school about my culture, ancestors, traditions, prayers, and lifestyle came back to me instantly. I felt that I fit, and the beauty of my community is that everyone fits, they really accept and respect wherever each person is in their journey.  What I also love is that everyone is happy and beautiful, it is encouraged to take care of yourself, find the good in everything, look beautiful for yourself and your spouse, and be an example for your children.

This way of living is so empowering,
It really is spreading the light,
We are all so blessed,
Hope you will join me to celebrate the power of women,
and how we light up anyone that crosses our path,
Coach Yulia

No comments:

Post a Comment