Sunday, June 9, 2013

COMMUNITY

When I think of the word community, I automatically think of taking care of each other, celebrating together, and supporting one another.  When I was single I had a wonderful group of friends, and we were each other's family, and it was right for me then.  Now that I have children, I feel so blessed that along with marrying my husband, I married our wonderful Jewish community.  It is a very big concept in Judaism, gatherings, prayers, and celebrations require at least 10 men.  Even when I teach Yoga classes, I really enjoy when it is a large class of everyone focusing, feeling good, and sharing energy.  I found a good description of the Jewish view on community, and also on finding your other half.

Early on in the book of Genesis, we are told that "it is not good for man to be alone." In context, this quote certainly refers to the importance of couples and partnership in Judaism, and Judaism's desire for every human to find his or her life partner. However, even if the intent of the quote was different (and its other meaning remains relevant and true), the quote also points to the importance of human beings surrounding themselves with a community of others.- http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/the-jewish-thinker/the-importance-of-community-in-sorrow-and-in-joy-1.432093

I also enjoy seeing happy couples all around me, that really connected on many levels and have the same vision for their future.  The world out there has its statistics, but I feel blessed to be living proof as well as my friends all over the world and in my current community, that happiness, peace, and happy relationships exist.  This is not to say it is not challenging, and there is no such thing as perfect.  It is just choosing to look at what we have, choosing to feel blessed to be present, and choosing to stay happy even amidst chaos.

I was single until 34 years old, luckily I felt hopeful, especially after seeing many of my strong and beautiful girlfriends find husbands that accepted them for who they are, were not intimidated, and supported them every step of the way.  So powerful! So to all of you single, wonderful friends out there, believe that there is someone out there looking for you.  We are all unique and want different things, there is somebody for everybody.  Once the children arrive, everyone bands together to support, celebrate, and thrive.

BLESSED,
Coach Yulia

What a great day at a fun birthday party, my kids go to school with their kids, so much fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment