Monday, June 24, 2013

If the shoe fits

Summer is here and I absolute love sandals, no socks required, its the easiest shoe for me and for kids.  Growing up in miami, that is always my preference, I wear open shoes as much as I can.  So we go to this cool discount shoe store and overall have been very lucky, they have good brands for over half the price, its called DB shoes, they are all over the place now, but the biggest one is in a shopping center at Hollywood Blvd and Western, just east of Hollywood itself.  So my husband bought Eli Tzvi really great sandals, I like the toe area closed because my kids are accident prone, always running, and always getting boo boo's.  He maybe wore it for a week, and it broke on one side, they were a great price, so we just threw them away and went to get another, things happen, kids, right? WRONG! He probably has had these new ones a little over a week, and yesterday it broke in the same exact spot, I couldn't believe it.  Lesson learned, with those shoes anyway, overall my experience has been great, for all the kids, and great heels for myself, and all types of shoes for my husband from house slippers to dress up shoes.

Luckily yesterday we were at a mall, so I found a store with the perfect sandals for him.  I guess with kids they outgrow them fast and they run them into the ground, and that is just how it is, but I want them to wear the shoes out, not the shoe to break on its own, in the same spot, twice - UGH!

I have a wonderful friend who is in love with shoes, so she took my dauhter shoe shopping and I was happy that she got her these.  They are to play and wear around the house shoes.  She has a great pair of sandals, sneakers, and dress up shoes.  The funny thing is these are a few sizes too big, but the other sizes were way too small, so I figured she will have them for a while, it has a little heel as well, so she loves stomping all over the house.  Having an older brother, she was more into cars and trains, and just recently went all princess on me because of her little girlfriends in school.  It was to my benefit because I told her once she learned to go to the potty that is when I would get her princess underwear.  She is the decision maker, she was ready and just did it.

For the baby I got the cutest little sandals, he is still perfecting his walk, so I am letting him learn on bare feet, but if we are outside, especially on concrete, I put it on.  He is yum, he took the most steps ever yesterday, probably 10! YAY.

RV arrives this afternoon,
Ready to Pack It,
and get out of dodge,
Coach Yulia

No comments:

Post a Comment