Monday, March 11, 2013

What is your priority?

Figuring what to give my almost one year old with no teeth
I have been chatting with many people who have completely different schedules.  Sometimes both parents work and either have a nanny or full time day care.  Others are stay at home parents so the other one can work.  My household is two entrepreneurs with schedules that are all over the place.  Luckily our older kids go to school so that frees us up for most of the day.  Our baby is amazing, but when one of us works, the other one has to stop everything they are doing and be with baby.

Only now I am realizing just how much my time is worth.  When I was single running around was kind of a high, I enjoyed being on the go, non stop, doing things I loved.  The only way I would balance it out would be by tons of naps and Yoga.  After marriage and my first two kids, it still felt like the same go go go, with the kids in the mix.  Now my balance was my classes that I taught and the time I spent with my adult students and the energy exchange really recharged me.

Now I am feeling how important it is for me to actually block out time to be 100% with my kids, and if I am offered a job opportunity that interferes with that is not my priority.  When I was single I would jump at any opportunity because I had the time and the work was fulfilling.  I still love my work, but it is not my priority anymore, no amount of money is worth the quality time with my kids. 

I am being more conscious of what my time is worth, and it feels good.  Before my family I just wanted to give as much as I can to anyone that asked.  It feels good to be in a place that I can set my priorities and not feel bad when I cannot take a job.

Love to figure it all out,
It takes a lifetime,
Otherwise we would be bored,
Keep Learning,
Keep Growing,
Keep Transforming,
Coach Yulia

No comments:

Post a Comment