Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Bodily Functions Should Be Pleasant

This might sound weird, but it is so true, if something hurts or doesn't work right, that is when we have to think about it, deal with it, hopefully get it to work right.  I am specifically talking about elimination, pooping, number 2, kaki, and whatever else you call it in all of our different cultures.

My wonderful baby has luckily never had a digestive issue, UNTIL NOW, I just took him off formula, I had to stop nursing at 6 months, my milk ran low, and he was not interested in food.  He was five weeks early, and many things do go by gestational age.  So he is just a year, and I figure I can give him enough of what he needs in his food, and stopped formula, was supplementing with all kinds of dairy like yogurt, cottage cheese, and cheese.  I personally am not into cow's milk myself, I did not grow up with it, and I feel that it is just not so healthy and full of all the good stuff after all the processing.  There are also philosophies that we are the only animals that keep on drinking milk way after our body needs it.  I do love my dairy products though being of Russian descent.  My other kids I nursed until 10 months and then my milk ran low, but they were already great eaters.  I started giving them almond milk, just for them to have a milky substitute for nursing, and they loved it.

I was just reading that some babies are just not ready for nut milks, or any processed milks, it was suggesting goat milk or even coconut milk.  Anyway a few days ago he started yelling when he was pooping and only a pebble would come out, poor baby.  I decided to go the natural route and give him prunes, raisins, oatmeal, and apple juice.  Today so far so good, the poop is much smoother, but I think he is still super irritated inside.  I am stopping the almond milk, and will just give water, now giving water with a bit of apple juice to keep things flowing.

Bodily functions such as:

1. eating
2. going to the bathroom 1 and 2
3. intimacy
4. ears, nose, mouth any any other orifices
(need to have the right amount of good and even bad bacteria),

Or something is not right.

Coach Yulia

Baby is feeling better :) went to the park, he was climbing on and off the slide, and always has fun playing with Eli Tzvi



 

No comments:

Post a Comment