Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Always something to Celebrate


Today by the Hebrew Calendar, Rosh Chodesh Nissan, Matisyahu is one year old!  I really cannot believe it has already been a year.  As I was about to take the web cam pic, I told my husband to hop in, he is not a picture person, and started to make faces, this was in between the faces, so I was cracking up, and the baby is just delicious as always.

I have one brother, and we are still very close, and it has been perfect for me.  Sam is the oldest and has a brother and a sister, and we have duplicated his family, but also mine, since Eli Tzvi and Ziona Sofia are 18 months apart just like my brother and I, although I am the older girl.  It's all good, Matisyahu is a blessing, he brings such pleasure and calmness into all of our lives, I am so excited to see him in all of his stages.

My other kids got their teeth at 8 months and started walking at 13 months.  He has no teeth yet but eats everything, and is now standing and holding on to everything.

His birthday is coming up on March 24, he was five weeks early, saved me a month of pregnancy, and came in at almost 6 pounds instead of 9 like Eli Tzvi.  Thank God all was healthy, nursed right away, and we went home in a couple of days after a natural, drug free, vaginal birth.  He actually inspired me to be a doula, my doulas that I had lined up were not available on our Day of Rest, and I just felt calm.  I was not sure it was really it since it was early, but I was counting, and the contractions weren't stopping, I called my friend to stay with the kids, we went to the hospital after two hours of steady contractions, five minutes apart about 30 seconds to 1 minute long.  I was so proud when I arrived that I was already 7 centimeters, was it easy? Is life easy? Is pregnancy, labor, and birth the worse pain in the world, I don't think so.  Luckily my Doula's with my first two, my yoga breathing, my husband, and a very high pain tolerance was a great combination to get me through.

This is just my person, I like to feel every morsel of life.  In order to know the highs, we need the contrast of the lows.  How can we figure out what we want without every option, every side of everything.

Feel Life,
Coach Yulia

No comments:

Post a Comment