Saturday, September 22, 2012

Weaning is a metaphor for life

Yes ladies and gentlemen, my little man is six months, and I have decided to stop nursing, I am on day 2, it takes 3 days for the baby to forget about it.  I have cabbage leaves in my bra, and feeling very tender in that area.  I just found a great straight up article about a mom who was over it with her toddler:

http://kids.baristanet.com/2012/01/lazy-moms-guide-to-weaning-a-toddler/

I nursed my older two for 10 months, and then my milk ran low, they never needed formula because by that time they were both eating and drinking everything.  With my baby, I think since he was 5 weeks early, he is not too keen about food, gives me funny faces.  My milk is running low, and he likes his formula, so I am going to introduce food slowly, he is liking the sweet potatoes and green beans :)  It is amazing how with every child and with every circumstance, it is just a very personal decision, there is no right or wrong in motherhood and childbearing.

It got me thinking about weaning in general, from bad habits to different stages in life.  I coach clients on transforming their nutrition habits in order to guarantee results.  For myself in my motherhood journey, my nutrition has given me such energy and health, and now am excited for the #BBB Before Baby Body, I am working out 5 days a week, and with stopping nursing, and really ready to get my body 100% back.

I have some homework to do from my Next Level business seminar, and then I am getting ready to PARTY, my good friend who is turning 21!  She is so not 21 in her life and everything she has been through, but I am excited to bring in this milestone with her.  I have to think real hard about 21 for me, I don't think it was a big deal, in Miami everyone is having fun way before 21 - LOL.  I graduated High School in 1991, I was 18, and was in a community college for 2 years, so that is 20, I must have already been in Florida International University, I was studying International Relations, before I switched to Hospitality Management.  I had a chance to have a semester in Prague, which I think at that time was still Czechoslovakia - AMAZING.  Wow, no direct memory of 21, I think it is my culture that I come from, in Russia, Birthdays are just a reason to have fun, there is no big attachment to a number.  Even this year I am turning 40, and I keep on changing my mind what I want to do, I think I just want a thrill with some good friends, just me time, Thank God my husband supports it. 

Click and Go :) Have a good night everyone


Shavua Tov,
Have a Great rest of your Weekend,
GMAR CHATIMA TOVA
May you be inscribed in the book of life,
Yulia

1 comment:

  1. 40 already? U don't look so but like U said: age is just a number, all is the way U feel in your mind ;@)

    ReplyDelete