Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fasting and Cleansing

In a few days Jewish people all over the world will be fasting for 24 hours, this is a spiritual fast, focusing on prayer, reflection, and new declarations for the year to come.  I have not fasted since I have been married due to pregnancy and nursing.  I am actually looking forward to it this year, to start the year fresh in every way, physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.

In other cultures fasts are for much longer periods of time for spiritual reasons, and also many people fast to cleanse their system.  In some things I am one extreme, for instance, Thank God in childbirth I decided to be drug free, and everything was flowing in the right direction, and I have a high pain tolerance, and I was able to do it with all three kids.  For some reason to choose to stop eating makes no sense to me unless it is for a spiritual reason.

I have attached an article that makes some interesting points about cleanses and nutrition.  As everything I feel it is an individual journey.  Personally I am focusing on forming healthy habits, so the body is cleansing naturally.  Then again, some people to various cleanses, to stop cravings, start anew with a new nutrition plan, to each their own.  After Yom Kippur, the spiritual fast day, I am going to do the Herbalife 21 day cleanse, which is something that you just add to what you are eating.  Of course it is best to be eating correctly, I am still going to do my shakes, eat my protein, vegetables, and fruit.  I am going to write more about it when I begin.  What I like about it, is that it is easy to incorporate it into a busy life.



On today's schedule, a private Yoga class that I am restarting to teach with some good friends, excited to share energy.  Then a children's birthday party for my kids, also going to hang out with some good friends, excited for them to play and me to socialize.

After the kids go to sleep the focus is on getting ready for the last week of the month, making sure all my clients are supported, and anyone that is interested in getting healthy, looking good for Halloween :) or just feeling their best, I am ready when you are.  Have a fabulous Sunday.

Coach Yulia
nutritioncoachyulia@gmail.com
323.377.0707

1 comment:

  1. what is this juice clean of the newspaper, what bran and where to find it then?

    ReplyDelete