Sunday, September 9, 2012

Smile

My son comes in to say hello and I tell him to smile :)
I have the kids all day today, I am sneaking this in as they are eating, Thank God the baby is resting, I tried to rest, but it was no use.  This morning we had a ceremony for a newborn boy, it was fun, tons of friends, fun for kids.  My kids wake up anywhere from 6am-6:30am, so it was great that it was early, I got home at 10:30am.  My husband is at a seminar all day, so I decided to go visit my mother in law with the kids.  We went to a park near her house, it was hot, I was hoping for exhaustion and them falling asleep in the car on the way home - NOPE!

We are almost home and I see a festival with a bounce house, great something to dangle, NOPE, they kept on saying they were going to rest, it never happened, I tried to rest with the baby, I heard their loud voices and stomping feet.  It would have been nice to see the street festival, but honestly it was more for the kids to get tired after that nap I was desperately trying to get them to take.  So we are staying home, I have house stuff to do, fold laundry, dishes, and once they go to sleep I have work to do to prepare for my week.

I try my best to be present, and not to think of what else I have to do when I have the whole day with the kids, but it is a big challenge.  It is almost 5pm, their bed time is 7pm, any earlier they would wake up before 6am - OY VEY!  Everyone tells me, enjoy it now, they only stay little for a little while, it goes so fast - I wonder if the mommies who have had 3 in a row give that advice:)

Then they come into our world, we get out of our head, and smile with their cuteness and wisdom.

Thank God for it all,
Coach Yulia

1 comment: