Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tummy Tuck

My mom in the back with me blowing out birthday candles, my brother in the front being his silly self, my good friend in front, and some other good friends as well, look really close right under my ear, you will see my big, hairy birthmark :)

Thanks to good genes, I have never considered plastic surgery, and when I was younger was not into it at all.  I really believed you should celebrate yourself, one time when I was working on cruise ships, a lady told me that I was so beautiful, but I really should do something about my nose.  Luckily I love my nose, and told her I liked it just the way it was, I like being unique, exotic, different, just me.  Then when I was moving to LA and was thinking of pursuing acting, my father who loves every bit of me, suggested I consider a nose job because everyone in Hollywood looks the same, which is kind of true.  I however said, no, I want to make it as me, unique me, exotic me, had some fun trying music videos, movies, TV shows, its funny some people recognize me here and there, but nothing major.  I am happy about it, because as much as I have always been an exhibitionist, especially now I like to keep personal things to myself and my family out of the spotlight.  Funny I should say that writing this blog, but what I mean is dirt, headlines, all of the ugly stuff, the business of tabloids.  With this blog, it is just me reminiscing, inspiring, working towards a goal and happy to be held accountable by all of you.

Hence the title, I know a few people that have tummy tucks, and I totally respect their decision.  At this time, it is not for me, I want to be the example of the real woman who does not get back in shape overnight, not for lack of trying, but due to life circumstances, children, work, multiple pregnancies, it just takes time to get back #BBB better than before baby :)

Some people during the birth process really get the abdominal muscles destroyed, and even after c- sections, scars form, and maybe plastic surgery is the only solution that would attain the results they are looking for.

What I do not like is that in our society there is a fear of feeling, pain is a word that people automatically want to take out of their life, and so without research, talking to friends, and that their doctor only wants to work Monday through Friday and be home on weekends, many women with their first baby don't even try to be in the moment, and try, they are directed to schedule a c section and maybe even a tummy tuck after - OMG - LA - HOLLYWOOD.  It's hard to look at Victoria's Secret models on the runway 2 months after having their baby, looking flawless.  Honestly my friends, if we had a personal trainer, chef, and a stylist to make all of our clothes fit flawlessly, we would all look fabulous - not to mention in their 20's and first baby - most people pop right back.

Its how we eat and our activity level that determines how good we pop back, and that is what I am working on.  Healthy eating habits, workouts that I enjoy and make me feel good, I will get there, you will see :) 

Back to the picture above, my father at 12 years old decided that as a girl, I needed to get plastic surgery to get my hairy birthmark removed.  He is very into looking his best and I thank him for giving me the gift of lifting my neck, it will probably help me keep on looking fabulous - lol.

To each their own,
Do what feels good for you,
There is no perfect, right, or wrong, there is just you and your choices,
#notummytuckforme (for now :)
Coach Yulia 

3 comments:

  1. U do look fab the way U look now, U R right, U don't need plastic surgery.

    I am 1 of them, didn't want to suffer pain so i had schedule a C section... and i am so happy i did it as afterward my Doc told me Carlita's head was too big anyhow and they wuld have finish doing it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you love your natural you, Yulia. It only shows how much you adore natural beauty, which is good. However, though it may be quite hard to decide putting yourself under the knife, the final decision would still be yours. Just be sure that you are perfectly ready – physically, emotionally, and financially.

    Terry Bayer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your last statement Yulia! It depends on a person’s choice whether to undergo plastic surgery or not. While others are satisfied with their current figures, like you, there are some who want to boost their self-esteem by undergoing these procedures. One must totally be ready and decided if and when she chooses to get a tummy tuck. Thanks for the share! Hope you’ll continue to inspire others to stay fit. :)

    Laurie Warren

    ReplyDelete