Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The benefits of going to a gym

This whole week is about figuring out my daily tasks that need to get done, and when to put them into my day.  One of my commitments is to do some kind of exersice Monday through Friday.  Somedays I have my schedule set, but then first thing in the morning, and I am happy people are letting me know, things get cancelled, rescheduled, just due to life.  So I am left with having to figure it out. 

Same thing happened this morning, I had planned an early morning hike with my baby and a friend, to beat the heat, and she text me super early telling me it she couldn't make it, it was on the other side of town, so I decided to do a few other commitments I had in my schedule.  Took the baby to a checkup, Thank God everything is great, squeezed in a mani-pedi before Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year, which starts this Sunday night.  Ran to my two Yoga clients, one after the other, came home and was exhausted.  I have not been sleeping deep, I think my baby might be teething, and I have a super late night tonight, not finished til my 9pm private Yoga class.  So I decided to take a nap, the baby was sleeping.  Now I realized I have to write this before I leave the house because I probably won't be back til 10:30pm.


Yesterday I decided to go to the gym, and was thinking about why a gym is the best choice:

1. You have access to a personal trainer to learn how to exercise correctly
2. You can take amazing, fun classes where you get a great workout and someone leading you
3.  The cardio machines tell you stats 1.5 miles 200 calories 20 minutes, resistance heart rate 150
4.  Beat the Heat, Thank God for Air Conditioning, where sweating doesn't feel so bad
5.  I was able to leave my baby at the kids club, which at this gym is open from 9am-9pm - YAY
6.  You are motivated by people working out around you

Of course as life happens I went to the 24 Hour Fitness Closest to me and their Kids Club closed at 11, I got there at 10:55am - the clock was a tickin' I had to be at my next gig at 1pm, so I fed the baby, went to the gym in West Hollywood, decided 20 minutes of intense cardio would do the trick.  I went on a new type of elliptical machine that felt like I was bouncing, but when I got the hang of it, it simulated running.  I definitely got my sweat on!  Tonight I am leaving the kids at home and going to squeeze in a Zumba class in between the Yoga class I am teaching at 6pm and my private yoga at 9pm.

Whoa! Getting it in my friends :)

At the pediatricians office, I picked up this awesome pamphlet about Nutrition and Exercise, take the quiz below, and see if you are where you want to be and where your habits are, then get in touch with me and we will make a plan for success.  nutritioncoachyulia@gmail.com - 323.377.0707

Coach Yulia

 

1 comment: