Monday, September 24, 2012

Communication


How did we survive before all of our modern technology?  I guess in one way it makes life easier, but on the other hand - how do we keep it all organized, and follow up in a timely manner.  I remember when email first came out on a grand scale, I just started working on cruise ships, calling was not as easy back then, especially long distance or international, so email was a great way to keep my family posted and keep in touch.

Now with my "smart" phone I get my emails right away, but sometimes I am on the road or with a client, so I put them off until later.  Email is not as urgent as it used to be, it is a nice back up, to everything else nowadays.  Voicemail, wow, forget about it, I used to have a beeper, so when voicemail came out and everyone getting their own numbers no matter what age, it was huge to just be on the phone and talk.

Then text comes along and changes everything, it is really the most urgent, I gotta get back instantly, method out there today.  That is why everybody is walking around with their noses in their phones, sometimes I look up from mine and think about how we are missing the world around us, missing opportunities to connect, or even relax from it all.

This week is all chopped up, kids only in school Today and Thursday, we have one of the biggest holy days of the year Tuesday night and all of Wednesday.  For some reason the kids are off Friday, and it totally throws off my day, my husband will be at a seminar, and I have to reschedule all of my clients.

We all have our stuff,
Enjoy your stuff,
Learn from your stuff,
Without stuff we would be bored,
Coach Yulia

1 comment:

  1. reading U, U have sooo much on your plate and maybe U should consider getting an Au Pair? Learning from an other country at home and she can learn english/american....

    ReplyDelete