Sunday, September 2, 2012

Are they ever satisfied?

OY VEY - overall an amazing day, since its the holiday weekend, I was free today, I joined a mommy and baby group that was meeting in the Torrance area about 30 minutes away for a free train ride.  The train was very cute, my husband took the kids, and I hung out with the baby taking pictures.  Some mommies had their babies in their carriers and took them along, but as  you see below, it wasn't a very secure ride, and I did not bring my carrier, so I was fine just hanging out.  I never did see an organized group, so I just chatted with some of the other parents, and enjoyed being out.

My husband enjoyed the ride, it was really creative, the kids had fun - BUT - with my oldest son Eli Tzvi, everything he does has to be big, and everything his sister does is small, she just doesn't care, and goes along with the game.  When we eat breakfast he always gets the bigger bowl and spoon, and at lunch and dinner, he wants the biggest plate, and we indulge him.  So I saw a brochure that close by in Lomita was a railroad museum where you can climb into a steam train.  My son was very excited that after riding the small train, his turn to be in a big train would come.

We spent the day out having lunch, going shopping, and finally made it to the museum, it was very simple and cute, very interesting.  After climbing around a bit, Eli Tzvi found the Thomas race track, which was really big with a lot of props, and was hooked.  It was getting late, the kids have school tomorrow, so I gave him a 5 minute warning, 4 minutes, 3 minutes, 2 minutes, 1 minute - when it was time to go he kept on saying one more time, one more time.  It turned into a crying fit, I had to pick him up and take him to the car, he cried most of the way home, saying he didn't want to go home, he wanted to stay there all day.  I was telling him we could come back, and we spend the day on trains just for him.  Do they ever really get it?  Are they ever satisfied?  Do they ever appreciate how parents go out of their way to make a fun day for them?  My husband said I try to talk and explain to much, and they still don't listen.  We were out most of the day, and they were exhausted, for some reason this morning they woke up before 6am - WHY?  God Bless Them for all of their energy, but is is so exhausting and so non stop. Besides this blog, I have a few hours of work to put in, but I guess exhaustion from kids is a welcome one, if that is my biggest challenge, I am blessed.

Happy Labor Day tomorrow,

Coach Yulia

1 comment:

  1. If your kids nap, U know they R getting back all their energy so they always will be up and bright early.

    I do think it is super good to explain them too much jajaja Kids love it even if they don't get all the informations at first.

    ReplyDelete