Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Pleasure of Puke

When I was 8 months pregnant with Ziona Sofia, I flew to Atlanta, GA with Eli Tzvi in my lap to visit my parents and brother.  At that exact time, Atlanta was experiencing a severe stomach virus outbreak, and both my son and I got it bad.

This past Thursday my daughter kept waking up, i finally decided to lie down with her, and noticed she was coughing and I asked her if she needed to throw up, she said no, I fell asleep and woke up with throw up next to me.  When I analyzed it in the morning, it didn't seem so back, she had carrots and hummus the night before, and it was bits of carrot, maybe one got stuck in her throat, she seemed fine, I didn't think anything of it. 

Friday night we sat down for our family meal, right after having the traditional grape juice, she vomited a river.  Then I knew something was wrong, put her to bed, and in the morning gave her oatmeal, and we spent the day at home, while my husband and older son went to synagogue.  Baby overall seemed OK, but when my husband and some got home, as he was just sitting on my lap, he projectile vomited, and the smell of vomit and spit up is totally different.

Then my husband took the baby to nap, I am having fun playing with my son and daughter, and Eli Tzvi tells me he doesn't feel good, throws up on the way to the bathroom, and keeps on until bedtime, poor guy. 

Apparently the stomach virus is super contagious, I haven't thrown up yet, but I feel woozy, I don't know if its from that or cleaning vomit and poop all day.  Oh the pleasure of kids :)  My daughter is feeling better, and I read that in a couple of days it just passes, nothing to do but keep hydrated and rest.

Sucks to feel nauseous and off, hopefully everyone will sleep good tonight, and especially me, hope vomit doesn't keep me up all night.

Appreciating life and health,
Coach Yulia
Thought I would put a sweet pic of me, just over a year,
pictures help us remember how cute and little our babies were
 

No comments:

Post a Comment