Thursday, November 22, 2012

Reflection



I ran across this video recently and I started to crack up and be amazed at how different they looked.  Now Eli Tzvi has the short hair and Ziona Sofia has the long hair.  Their energy and showmanship has not changed, I guess they get that from me, LOL.

On a day where most of the country is celebrating a holiday of Thanks and Family, it makes me reflect on life, and enjoy going through memory lane.  Every path we have crossed has brought us exactly to where we are today.  Whether we are conscious of it or not, a decision was made every step of the way, even if the decision was not to make a decision, life kept going.

It's through our kids that we realize how time keeps passing, I cannot believe my daughter will be 3 in March, it is quite mind blowing.  Age for me has always been a number, and thanks to my healthy active lifestyle and conscious eating, yeah and I got some pretty good genes, Thanks Mom and Dad.

In our Jewish community eating is a big deal, we have so many celebrations and certain foods are eaten with such fervor, just like Thanksgiving, we can have these foods all year, but with family, homemade with love, ahhhh nothing like it.  We are lucky to have a homemade meal like this every Friday night together and love to have guests, our kids enjoy it too, and love the ritual of it all, the grape juice "wine," the special bread, challa, and all the wonderful foods my very talented husband creates.

It is so important to eat with happiness, then your body absorbs and all the nutrients go where they need.  Indulge today, but maybe taste everything and take home some leftovers so you don't overdo it.  Or let this be your who cares I am going to town day!  Just enjoy, when we eat food emotionally or because we are bored, especially the junk, everybody knows what happens.

Feeling good actually takes careful attention,
I feel we deserve to give ourselves this attention,
When you take care of yourself,
The body works like a well oiled machine,
and then you just go on about your life,
Even one thing off kilter, it affects everything,
Be Healthy My Friends This Holiday Season,
and for the rest of your life,
might as well live it to the fullest,

Bon Appetit,
Coach Yulia


No comments:

Post a Comment