Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sunday Funday

While Saturday is a more relaxed, spend time with each other family day.  Sunday is lets go out and do something together family day.  Today my children's school had a picnic at a park, which is the perfect place for kids to just be free and have fun.  I had a good time seeing friends, eating good food, and the kids had a blast.  They invited a soccer crew that had the kids doing all sorts of fun things, I love active fun, and they definitely take after me in that area.











Then we got home, it was a super hot day, we are almost in the 90's here in LA, nuts!  Luckily our home stays cool, so I was hoping we would all take a nap, wishful thinking.  I was drained from my poor baby's teething wake ups, and also my daughter just wanting to be up at 5am and letting me know that she is up.

So I put them to watch a movie, and laid down with the baby, he took a morning nap, and a nap at the park, and obliged me one more nap, he is so good to me :)

So I am teaching a Yoga class tonight at 8:30pm, looking forward to a beautiful energy exchange with the women in my community.  Now I am getting my week set up, I have just joined most of the rest of the world with an iphone.  I was scared at first, I really loved my blackberry keyboard, and with a touch screen the hands have to be so clean, not so easy with babies and kids.  So far so good, I am enjoying it, and am happy for it to help grow my business and organize my schedule.

As I am figuring out how to balance work and family life, I am realizing that everyone has different circumstances, and its a very individual journey.  It is great to take advice from everyone, but really try different things, and see what fits best in your life.

I was working out Monday through Friday, and now I have a client on Friday, and that is the day my kids get out early from school and we spend the whole day getting things done, and getting ready for our Day of Rest.  So now I am committed to working out Monday through Thursday consistently, a wide variety, a mix of cardio, core, yoga, and weights.  I am more focused on following my Nutrition Program every day, because I see the results of my coworkers.  They all say before they got on their program they would workout all the time, every day 2-3 hours, too extreme.  Now that they know it is 80% Nutrition and 20% Exercise, the workout is the fun part, not the "oh I have to."  When its fun you don't want to miss it. 

What is amazing as well is that the right posture burns more calories, I have been teaching for over 10 years, and the weights get you strong lean muscle and bones, and the core work and core activation in everything you do, keeps your abdominals working all day.  I love the concept of consciously holding yourself right all the time, instead of doing a million sit ups, which only target one part of the abs.

Education,
Knowledge,
Figuring out what fits your life,
Its a lifetime journey,
Its a lifestyle,

My goal is for my family and I to be healthy, moving, shaking, inspiring until 120 years old :)
Coach Yulia,

No comments:

Post a Comment