Thursday, November 29, 2012

In Loving Memory

A quarter to midnight last night my amazing Father-in-Law took his last breath.  I met Tuvia Edelshtain five years ago, he was actually the first person my husband introduced me to from his family.  They have always been close, and worked together driving trucks across the country.

He was always so kind to me, he was so happy when Sam and I met and married.  He spoke seven languages, I communicated with him in Russian.  The others were Hebrew, Romanian, Spanish, Portuguese, Yiddish, and Italian, if I recall correctly.  He is a war hero, fought in some famous battle to protect and save Israel.  Raised three amazing children, along with my husband I have a new brother and sister :) and their families.

When I was pregnant with my first, and after the baby he would cook for me, the most delicious food made with love.  He made a salad that I grew up with in Russia, basically a potato salad, but he would put pickles, which I loved, peas, carrots, bit of mayo and mustard, I know kinda crazy, but it tasted like home. Also a great vegetable soup, and even a chicken soup to puree for the baby.

At our wedding, he was able to walk his son down the aisle, and enjoy all of his grandchildren from us and his daughter.

God Bless His Memory,
Yulia                                      
Our Wedding Day

1 comment: