Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Best Gift Ever



If I place him on all fours he can hold it and rocks back and forth, now sometimes even gets into that position himself.
For my Jewish peeps, my older son saw him rocking and said "look he is davening!" (movement during prayer)

Today was the best relaxing day that I have had in a long time.  My wonderful husband took all 3 kids to the synagogue, and I meant to join them after my nap.  I woke up 3 hours later! At first I didn't believe it, I checked the clock in three places.  I must have really needed it, and its almost 10pm, and I still have tons of energy.  Before marriage and kids, naps were my recharge, some people drink coffee or soda, I would nap.  I have never had a traditional job, so lucky for me, I could always squeeze them in, especially since I used to be quite the night owl.

Thank God my husband got my older kids sleeping all night for quite a while now, the baby is actually doing quite well, but he is just about to pop some teeth out, so he is a bit fussy.  He is so wonderful, there is always a reason, he really doesn't complain when all is good, just smiles and plays.  He is just the perfect example of the best personality for any human being.  I was thinking today that I feel so blessed that he is in our family, the rest of us are super intense, non stop, and quite explosive.  We express ourselves in good times and bad, very emotional, no holding back.  Yes, me the calm Yoga teacher, for those of you that know me from other areas of my life, this all makes sense, as I always say, we all have a "monster" inside.  When certain buttons are pushed, the monster will come out and play, and usually not so nicely :)

So after my wonderful nap, the kids came home, and I strapped the baby on my carrier, put the kids on their bicycles, my 2 1/2 year old daughter just learned to ride, and rode about 4 blocks to visit their grandfather.  The day was beautiful, we got home, had some snacks, and got ready for bed time.  Tomorrow we have a school picnic in the park, I am excited for them to play, and to meet all the parents, and see the teachers in a social setting.

Today was a good day,
Sometimes good is enough,
The highs are beautiful,
The lows are a challenge,
Balance is where its at,
Coach Yulia



 

1 comment:

  1. that is an excellent idea to meet teachers in a social event like a picnic ... who is organizing it? the school?

    Great photo by the way

    ReplyDelete