Friday, November 23, 2012

Distraction

The biggest distraction in our society is our phone, we could be in the middle of something so important, but we always glance to check what could be urgent, and interrupt anyone and everything to text back, I am guilty of this.  I feel grateful to have my iphone for organization and to be reachable since I am always on the go and have a few businesses.  But doesn't the person you are talking to deserve your undivided attention?  How about our children?  We are pushing a stroller, or at the playground, multi tasking, and all they want is a smile.

OY VEY

The problems we have in our modern life :)  Then there are other distractions, I had all these "to do's" the other day, and a good friend got her car broken into, and we spent most of the afternoon trying to track the iphone and call the police, sadly even though its quite precise, it does not say exactly whose hands it is in, so they couldn't do much.  I could not focus amidst all the intensity.  Then my mother in law comes over, God Bless Her, she lives on her own, and she always has a task for all of us to do.  You feel the energy of the "I need your help," everything else has to be put to the side to fill out simple forms, that mean the world to her to do NOW.

Thank God life gets us present to beautiful moments to capture our attention.  Have a great weekend.
Shabbat Shalom,
Yulia



 

No comments:

Post a Comment