Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Monster Inside

This was a photo shoot I did depicting Medusa, with the amazing photographer Mark Miremont.  As I have said before, I have always been drawn to the dark and exotic, because I found it beautiful.  The funny thing is I was always naturally high and just enjoying the dress up and dance, while many people were using substances to make themselves happy. 



Tip of the day:  There is nothing better than the natural high, and now I am drawn more towards the light, the real, and the world of inspiration. 

All the stages in our lives make us who we are.  The title of today's blog refers to our dark side, which is what we work on and maybe even struggle with as we wind through the roads of life.  It shows up in different ways in different lives.  For me it was two fold, first of all in my immigrant family we communicated a lot by yelling, we all are very strong personalities that are independent and want our own way.   When my buttons are pushed, the monster still comes out.  Also from my childhood I decided that I had to prove to the world that women can live life as they want to, different rules did not apply for men and women, that left me wide open to get out of control.  Now I still like to push the envelope, but its not to prove anything, just to share my flair :)  I feel grateful for this blog to help me express myself in a positive and inspiring way.

I do not believe in regret, and Thank God because of my strong foundation of family, and my Jewish elementary school that gave me my base, I have come full circle when I met my husband.  I feel like I not only married him, but the whole community.  Yoga has also helped in my journey, I was much more of an explosive person, and now I take a moment to breathe before I react.  All we can do is learn, my father says a mistake is made once, after that its a choice.

The interesting thing is that people that have met me at different stages of my life, met a whole different person.  But my intense energy was always there, even in my elementary school, there for 5 of us who immigrated from Russia together with our families.  We were in the same class, and always very competitive, passionate, and  bringing some spice to everyone around us.  Nobody could beat us in Kickball, lol, and as we got older, we developed crushes on the boys, it all makes me laugh now.

In Miami is where I really let it all out, its a 24/7 lifestyle, and as long as I got good grades, I was just doing what everyone else was, dressing sexy because it was hot, and staying out all night, of course to balance and have fun.  I always had a good reason and a positive twist to everything.  Anyone who knows me now, enjoys my positive view of every situation in life.  Please do not hesitate to message me if you need a positive view on your situation, I feel this has helped me through many challenging times in my life.  Thank God for the positive view of my Grandmother and Mother, and that it has been passed down to me.

When I moved to LA, I was still in party mode, looking my best, exploring, playing, and overall just living it up.  Thank God that my gut, the universe, and my absolute trust in God that I am being led in the right direction, LA was the right choice.  I found Yoga and I met my husband

Trust, Live, Acknowledge and celebrate imperfections,
Coach Yulia

1 comment:

  1. And this blog deserves to be commented,just only thinking about the dedication U have for it posting daily,that is why i will take advantage of these vacations to put myself uptodate with your writing as i couldn't post comment in the past, i lost many pages.... That is the least a friend can do, give U credit for your consistancy.

    ReplyDelete