Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Extroverts

Hanging with their uncle

My husband and I are always around people, relatives and friends, our kids are playing with different kids all the time, and they just go with the flow.  I do not know if it is a learned behavior or genetic, but I feel grateful that my kids are social butterflies.  They remember everyone's name, adult and child, and are excited wherever we go.

My family was also always around people mainly because of my mom.  She is fun to be around and very knowledgeable, and our holiday tradition was to be invited to other peoples homes because of her.  My brother and I are extroverted because of her, but my father is social as well, but needs to get to know the people first and then he opens up.

I need people in order to function, some people are great at desk jobs or computer or factory jobs, maybe even in a lab, with no human contact.  In my Yoga classes its like an energy exchange, my students and I both benefit.  I love meeting new people, and especially now as a wife and mother, where my priorities are at home, I feel like my work is my social life.

It's an extra benefit that I get to inspire and motivate my clients and students to better themselves, and find where they feel their best their own way.  I always say in my Yoga classes, there is not one way, and there is no perfect way, there is just everyone's individual way.  Yes we have the same parts, but they are all different lengths, sizes, proportions, flexibilities, and we are different ages, levels, and come from different backgrounds.  By backgrounds I do not only mean cultural but also physical activities and also how we focus our mind.

I guess by extrovert the main thing I mean is friendly, not necessarily the class clown, or an exhibitionist, but someone that is open and enjoys meeting people.  Isn't that why we are on this earth? To form relationships...isn't that what makes life worthwhile? I think so :)

Connect, Communicate, Climax
Coach Yulia

1 comment:

  1. U should post a photo of your parents? U said your Mum was musician, what does she play? That is why U R an artist...

    ReplyDelete