Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Character


I am in awe how nowadays we can find out almost everything about our baby before they are born, but the genes and character are always a surprise.  Our first son Eli Tzvi was a big shocker to us when he came out light hair, light eyes, and a mercedes symbol dimple in his chin.  My husband and I were not only amazed at the birth process, but were wondering how we created our boy.  I have always been an independent and free spirited gal, always wanted to work and have balance, so when I first gave birth, I was not automatically in mommy world.  What do I mean by that?  I think some women from a very young age want to be a wife, mother, and maybe even a home maker, which is beautiful.  I have always wanted to travel and have a private jet, which will happen :)  Once I started teaching Yoga and really celebrating my womanhood, I  really wanted to experience pregnancy and the miracle of our body creating a child.   Having the child I was not ready for 10 years ago without a partner, I knew with my personality I could never handle it alone.  So when Eli Tzvi came into the world, I told him, "I will get to know you, and you will get to know me" and it has been an amazing journey.  Some women say the moment a child is put into their arms, there is an instant love and connection, for me it was a whole new world after being single and all about me for 34 years.  Even with my daughter who made us wait three days after her due date, fashionably late, and always an attention grabber, I was overwhelmed with having energy for both, and how different a girl is from a boy.  My husband and I could not believe how high pitched the cries were, and we had no idea how to clean her equipment, Thank God my doula recommended a Qtip!

Compared to Eli Tzvi and Ziona Sofia, Matisyahu is a pretty chill baby.  I think God blessed us with every kind of situation so we could learn and grow.  Some people say boys are more high energy, or your first is intense and the second one is calm.  I honestly think it is all individual, and you never know.  In my case my first and second both super intense, always cried, always fell down a lot, the only difference is my oldest is more sensitive, and my girl is super tough, it will serve her later in life.  I guess in many ways kids are mirrors of their parents and ancestors.

Character is one thing but learned behaviors are different, sometimes positive and sometimes negative.  I think many things are also cultural, so the best we can do as parents is learn from our past, and keep learning, growing, and delving into ourselves.  Staying open to constructive criticism and being our best so the example that our children see is positive and open to change.  Children really make us look at ourselves, it really is a mirror, they say if you want your children's behavior to change, you must look at yourself first.

Deep thoughts for a Wednesday morning :) Have a fabulous day everyone, my little son just had a big poop, gotta go!

Coach Yulia

1 comment:

  1. wao that is deep...."want your children's behavior to change, U must look at yourself first"

    ReplyDelete