Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mommy Brain

Ahhh family life, with the first child you are overwhelmed and super busy with everything new.  Then the second comes along, and it's a balancing act, but luckily my husband was there to take one, and I could take the other.  Now there are 3, and the only real challenge is when they want mama all at once.

My mommy brain took a turn for the worst yesterday, I had the best day ever back at work with my baby, leading a mommy walking group, enjoying the sunshine, and then it happened, my phone disappeared.  I tried to retrace my steps, looked all around, have no clue at what point it happened.

Once you give birth those 6 weeks are not only precious to bond is with baby, but for the mama to be in a no pressure, calm, pull out your boob when you need to phase.  There is very little sleep, our body is like a machine constantly producing milk, we need to fuel it right, so its constant replenishing and energy.  I forget to finish my sentences, I forget what what the last thing I said, I forget the burp cloth everywhere.

I usually have a great short term memory, but long term, forget it, I always have friends refreshing my memory of our past adventures.  So now it is quite frustrating that my brain just seems to go blank for the short term stuff.  My father is always misplacing everything, and my mother is a good detective, I have become my own good detective, but I really need to figure out a system. I am DONE with mommy brain.  My mother is a musician, and she even created a song in Russian for my father to make sure he had everything he came with.  Here is the simple translation: Where is my wallet, where are my glasses, where is my wedding ring, where are my keys, and where is my beeper (you can tell this was a long time ago!)

You know how it is when you take a vacation, or do anything different for a while, when you come back it's like restarting, everything is different.  Makes me think of Burningman, anyone been? That is for another blog.  When you have a baby, it just takes time to get back to the world.  I just came back from an amazing night out, saw a lot of friends who told me they have been following my blog and enjoying it, thank you so much, I am having so much fun writing it.

I am trying to finish it before midnight, sticking to my daily promise of posting.  I have to backtrack and tell you how amazing this day has turned out to be.  So one of my wonderful friends told me she had a blackberry I could use that she was not using, I really wanted to stick with a blackberry, and she got it all set up for me.  On the drive home, the last call I made was to tell my husband I was on the way, and then the battery died, Thank God I was able to make that call or he would be worried.

Then I go to my 4pm appointment with my friend and new coach, and someone called her, said he saw I had an appointment with her, and he has my phone, found it on the street! OMG, the universe, Hashem, the law of attraction all work in such magical ways.

Baruch Hashem, Thank God, Slavo Bogu, Vaya Con Dios,
Have a blessed rest of your week,
Coach Yulia

1 comment:

  1. Yess that was real luck!!!but i do thing U R a lucky girl...

    ReplyDelete