Monday, May 14, 2012

Commitment and Patience


I decided to take my kids to the Grove in Los Angeles on Mother's Day, let my husband have the day to himself, and just enjoy being outside.  It is a shopping center, but also has a beautiful play area with a fun fountain that dances to music, and a trolley that you can ride.  I never used to like the Grove or other places in LA because the only reason to go is shop, eat, or go to movies, everything is about "retail therapy."  It also has fake streets, with no cars, and its for families and lovers, didn't get it when I was single, but appreciate it for the simple fun with kids.  My timing was perfect, the picture above is me and all three kids, Matisyahu is on the side in his car seat, on top of the trolley car, of course Eli Tzvi wanted to go upstairs.  Everyone went out of the way to help me, Thank God it was mothers day :)

Although it was fun, it was a lot of energy, of course the baby woke up, wanted to eat, and Eli Tzvi almost jumped into the fountain, Ziona Sofia was chasing someones bubbles into the fake street where I heard the trolley bell close by - OY VEY! 

Everything in life is about commitment and patience, children especially, but also any goals that you set for yourself, and definitely marriage.  When my parents moved from Russia in 1980,  many of their fellow immigrants were getting divorced just for tax purposes.  My mother told my father that the word divorce does not exist in their relationship, and I am following the same path.  Life happens, its not easy, deal with it, face it, communicate, be patient, listen, work on it,.  Nobody has it easy, you never know what is happening in someone's private life.  As the saying goes, the grass only looks greener on the other side.  Of course there are circumstances such as domestic violence or other situations that every individual has to decide for themselves, consult with family and the leaders and guides of your community.

My kids are very independent, Thank God, but its definitely "homework from God, as my mother says.  My patience is tested every day, and I try my best to communicate and make them think they are making the decisions :)

Same goes for any goal in life, work, school, etc.  I know for me my health, fitness and nutrition goals are very important to me.  They affect my sense of self, and I want to look good for me and my husband, and be an example for my kids.  It is also an example for my clients, very important to be a role model for my business. 

I guess it all boils down to whats important to you, so you stay committed and be patient until you reach success.  I always tell people I would rather have it slow and permanent, than fast and yo yo.

Tip of the Day:  Quicker is not Better

Enjoy the Moment, Set Goals, Commit, Be Patient, Feel Good, Pat Yourself on the Back.  If you don't put yourself first and treat yourself nice, then who will do it for you?

Coach Yulia

1 comment:

  1. Eli looks so much like U and Zonia has of your husband's look...

    ReplyDelete