Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Before I got married I loved photo shoots and being a canvas.  I like the extremes of Yoga me and Diva me.  So of course when I was pregnant with my first, I had to represent healthy, sexy pregnancy.  I have had fun taking a picture with each pregnancy.  I was about 8 months pregnant with Eli Tzvi in this picture.  He was due in September, it was very hot, and I found this dress for our 1 year anniversary in August.

Some people love children so much, and have wanted to be a mommy all their lives.  I always knew I wanted them one day, but also wanted a career, to travel, and enjoy my single life. 

Once I met my husband we were both in our 30's, finished with our 20's, and ready to jump right into marriage and family.  Thank God we got pregnant right away with Eli Tzvi, and it was wonderful.  I remember before I met Sam, although I was not ready for kids, I was always interested in experiencing pregnancy.  For me the kids are the work, but the pregnancy is just a miracle of how women are created.  I felt beautiful and healthy, and was active and working until I gave birth.

My hat goes off to all the moms out there, there are so many things that you do not know until you have to know.  Pregnancy, birth, and children are such amazing experiences, and they are very individual.  You can watch movies, even have nieces and nephews, but until it happens to you, you really know absolutely nothing about it, at least that is how I was.  One of my good friends who has tons of kids in her extended family, and her mother works with pregnant mothers, now is pregnant with her first.  She tells me its all new, and  she is asking a lot of questions, figuring out what is the right path with her pregnancy and birth.  The best advice I can give to pregnant moms and new moms is educate yourself, ask tons of questions, and you will find what will be best for you.

Women have been giving birth since the beginning of time, our body knows what to do, the baby  knows what to do, there is nothing to fear.  Our stress is what gets in the way most of the time, of course sometimes things happen, and in the care of wonderful midwives and doctors, the right decisions are made for mother and child.

The most important words I can say to moms everywhere is, there is only one you, and you are so special to your children, there is nothing like a mother's love.  As intense and challenging as it may be at times, we must give 100% of our love and support to our children.  The beautiful thing is that the unconditional love that they give to us is always there no matter what.

Enjoy your mothers day with your moms and your children, cherish the moment, and be present,
Yulia

1 comment: