Saturday, August 31, 2013

WASPY House Guests

If you look close, you could see the second hive int he corner, and a few wasps crawling about on the big one
LITERALLY!!!  One of my friends told me she recently stepped on a wasp and got stung, and I have been noticing them flying around everywhere, and right in our bushes.  Today some friends came to visit and pointed out two hives right at our doorstep.  I really do not have many fears in this lifetime, one of them is driving between those humongous semi trucks, and my husband was a trucker for 10 years.  Most bugs I love to get with my swatter, but bees I just like to stay out of their way.  On one hand I have a love connection with their honey making, I love honey, and my maiden last name, Medovoy, means made of honey, but that's as close as I want to get.

My neighbor who was lived her 20 years said she always sees them come back, and we should just swat it down, um, no thanks, I will see who will do that for me, it really freaks me out.  Wow and I am realizing this is strike three of the odd things that have happened in our home, CRAZY.

Anyway, besides that we had a nice Shabbat, always tons of energy and some unpleasantries at home, but such is life as a parent with Thank God strong willed, independent, and non stop toddlers.

It has been soooooooo hot in Los Angeles, and super humid, I am not a sweaty person, or should I say in my life I was not.  Since I got married and had kids my body chemistry has changed, I used to be cold, now with this heat, the sweat is pouring, YUCK.  My kids run hot too, even my little babies curls are sweaty.  We were all so excited of our cool summer, here it is, August and September, super hot, and I am sure those desert Santa Ana winds will come for a visit too.

Are we ever satisfied?
Where is our Hollywood Perfect Weather?
Just a bit of Kvetching is good for your health :)
Shavua Tov,
Enjoy your long weekend,
Coach Yulia

No comments:

Post a Comment