Thursday, August 15, 2013

Six Years

Last night at Beverly Hills Thai, an amazing Kosher restaurant, we are so blessed in LA to have every cuisine
August 14, 2007 we had the funnest wedding every, it was a mix of our amazing Jewish community and all of my colorful friends, plus Russian relatives and Israeli friends, the open bar kept everyone socializing and appreciating each others talents.  All of my friends were very impressed with a Rabbi who was dancing with a chair and bottles on his face - now that is talent and skill!

Usually we go have a nice dinner, this year I really wanted to do something fun, different, a little crazy, so I began looking at groupons and living social deals, I found Nascar Racing, driving a Lamborghini or Ferrari, and Paragliding, but honestly those would just be a thrill, it would be hard to make time for it, and it was still quite expensive.  Yesterday I got it, this Saturday night in Downtown there is a huge festival with Pitbull headlining, I haven't been to a concert in so long, and usually the tickets are ridiculously expensive.  This has a lot of awesome artists like Prince Royce and Tribe Called Quest.  We will see what we can catch, but once married with children its all about just getting out the door.  Luckily Pitbull goes on last at 10:45, so we are good, we can even take the metro there, it closes at 2am, we will see, so excited.  Just want to hang with my man, do something different, we never got to really do this date stuff, once we met, we knew we were on our path to married, in four months he proposed, and four months later we married, Thank God.  The kids came right away, we were on a mission, feeling blessed it all worked out the way it did.  Now it is important to make an extra effort to celebrate us, not to forget us, to keep us strong.  When we went on the cruise last January without our kids for five days it was really magic, we just hung out, napped, went to amazing lectures, enjoyed every moment.

It's not easy my friends, two independent, strong, and sometimes stubborn individuals, throw kids into the mix, its a day to day dance.  I feel blessed for it all, otherwise we would be bored, I tell him he is stuck with me for life, and I mean it, my parents were the most beautiful example, 41 years and going strong, THANK YOU.

Embrace the Challenges of Life,
It Only Gets Sweeter,
Coach Yulia

No comments:

Post a Comment