Thursday, August 29, 2013

My Brilliant Idea - NOT!

I life in a fantasy world, a dream world, where I imagine things are happy and everyone gets along.  I am in this instance referring to family dynamics, and I suppose the more people that are in a family, the more opinions, needs, and loud voices there are.

So my first not so brilliant idea that everyone knew would go bust was our RV trip this summer.  We based our hypothesis on our previous trip the year before which was a great success.  We forgot to factor in new possibilities and it was very challenging to say the least.  We cut it two weeks short, and luckily the kids only remember how fun it was, we however do not want to think about an RV for a very long time.  When we did it the first time, the baby was four months, he just ate and slept, the kids were younger and both took two naps, the time on the road was shorter, and it was one destination, we definitely were too ambitious this year, and quite delusional.  The baby started walking and wanted to walk up to my husband while driving, the kids need open spaces to run, the movies, food, projects, and everything else under the sun was not enough while they felt stuck in a box, pushing each others buttons, yelling at the top of their lungs, OY! DISASTER.

Yesterday I didn't have any classes until the evening, one car was in the shop, my husband had a busy day, so I was in charge of the kids.  Thank God to friends helping out I was able to have some peace of mind.  My daughter got out of her class early, and a wonderful friend was able to bring her home to me, I was going to walk and get her with the baby, but he was still asleep when I had to start walking, plus it was getting hot, Thank God for friends coming to the rescue.  Then I was all ready to walk to get my oldest son who was finishing school half day yesterday at 12:30pm, and I had a BRILLIANT IDEA.  Why not put my daughter on her bicycle, push the stroller, while taking my sons bicycle too, so he can ride it home.  There was a time when the kids rode their bicycles to the park, and then all over town, but recently my daughter just wasn't into it, I convinced her to do it promising ice cream.  Half a block down, heat blaring, my son's bicycle in one hand, pushing stroller with the other, she starts having tantrums, it is already after 12pm, and I know I am going to be late.  I have a little breakdown, one man stops in the street, but doesn't understand how important it is not to leave my son all alone after school is finished.  I see someone pop out of their apartment and consider asking them to leave the bicycles there while I race with the stroller and my daughter four blocks down to the school.  Then I don't see anyone in the middle of my daughter crying, and me fuming, Thank God my baby was just chilling.

Blue Eyes, Blond Hair, Sweet Smile - She is a tough cookie, Fierce, Strong, loves to say NOW!

So I call the school and luckily one of our good friends was able to take my son home with them to play, and I would pick him up there later.  So it ended up with me carrying the bicycles and my daughter pushing our huge jogging stroller which she just barely reached, but luckily its easy to push.  I don't know if I am conveying the horror of the situation, but I was really thinking it was one of the worst days I have ever had in my life - HOW DRAMATIC :)

Thank God we all eventually made it home, and I am just going to have to stop dreaming about perfect scenarios, and get a reality check, and our car comes out of the shop today, so all will be good with the world.

Feeling Blessed For School All Day,
Feeling Blessed For Transportation,
Feeling Blessed For Napping Baby,
Feeling Blessed For Time to Write this Blog,
Feeling Blessed to go teach a class right after I finish writing,
Thank You For Listening,
Thank You For All of Your Wonderful Comments,
Your comments make me smile,
Your Energy Keeps Me Recharged,
Allow Yourself To Get It Out,
Do Not Hold It In,
Find Someone to Talk To,
Luckily I have YOU,
Coach Yulia

No comments:

Post a Comment