Friday, August 30, 2013

Perspective

After reading my blog yesterday about how it was just a crazy day of tantrums, heat, and chaos, my mom reminisced about our toddlerhood:

Reading your blog brought deja vu from my life in Moscow. I write about that in my memoir. "There were no kindergartens or schools in walking distance, there was never school buses system in Russia. When my kids were old enough to attend kindergarten, I had to wait with them for an over-crowded bus in a terrible weather, struggled getting in and out of the bus, walked with them through the piles of dirt or snow to the kindergarten building. After that, I took a bus and subway to reach my place of work. Picking kids up after work was a nightmare all over again. Peter worked long hours, he left earlier than I and returned home after 9 PM. Thank God, he was grocery shopping, it was easier for him because he had his company car..." I want to add to that how I had get you out of bed in darkness, to dress both of you in winter clothes, (my brother) would fight with me and get too hot before going into the frosty weather, then he would scream in the bus because people were standing up glued to each other in overcrowded bus and he was at the level of stinky rear ends. To unglue ourselves and get out of the bus was an ordeal all over again... 

God Bless America, where people have dignity and parents have cars. That is why Americans can not love abroad, they can only travel and come home, sweet home... Love, Mom.
 

WE HAVE NO PROBLEMS.
Enjoy What You Got,
Feel Blessed For All The Good,
Take A Breath,
Have A Great Weekend,
Shabbat Shalom,
Coach Yulia
Getting Ready for Shabbat...love my gloves to wash dishes and clean

No comments:

Post a Comment