Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Hebrew Calendar - New Month Elul - Day I Said I Do

I have always been fascinated by all the different calendars, astrologies, and various ways of interpreting our world and ourselves.  So when I got married and now live in a community that basically lives by the Jewish Calendar, it was very easy and fun for me to follow suit.  Now I get to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries not once but twice, and honestly almost every day is some kind of celebration in our community, totally my cup of tea, I am all about celebration, fun, and get togethers.  What I love is that some of the get togethers about learning about the world, how to grow as a person, how to give back to the community, and sometimes its to eat, drink, and to party on.

So every year the Hebrew birthdays and anniversaries are in different parts of our solar calendar.  We go married on August 14, but in 2007 it was also today, Rosh Chodesh Elul, on the Hebrew Calendar.  So I say lets celebrate from today until the 14th, YAY.

Now it is a little challenging for us to go anywhere since the kids are not in camp, so I told my husband, I want to find something really fun we can do together, maybe find a groupon, maybe race some cars, we will see, lol, maybe once the kids are back in school.  Just to hang out and have fun together, after six years I think that will be a fun way to celebrate.

Today I had a very busy day with classes and also getting ready for my seminar tomorrow where I am speaking about "Taking Care of Mama, it's not Selfish, its Self Care," click here for details.  So I got my hair and nails done, and went to an amazing learning event for the new Jewish Month.  I feel blessed that I had a "ME" day, and my husband was hanging with the kids.  I did take them out this morning to the Natural History Museum to the Butterfly Pavilion, we took the Metro, they loved it.  Yesterday at Mommy Camp I took them to the Annenberg Beach House in Santa Monica, and for the first time since I moved to LA in 2000 have I felt like I was on a real beach, just like in Miami.  My kids had a blast in the ocean, it was chilly, but it was a hot day, and it was perfect.

After the beach I grabbed the baby and we went to a mommy and me music at a park, my other kids just played on the slide and swings.  Then I took them to a Karate studio to see if my son would like it, definitely peaked his interest. It would be good for his mind and body connection, and to learn discipline while learning how to protect himself, feel strong and powerfully use his body.



My baby's teeth are coming, they are about to burst through, the nights are hard, I am tired, but I am loving life. Tomorrow after my event taking them to swimming lessons and then a playdate, and have two classes to finish off the night.



It feels so good to write, to get things off my chest, to see in front of me all the effort I put into my children and my work.  Sometimes we feel like we are not doing enough - WE ARE - it is healthy to pat yourself on the back, to be your own cheerleader, and be your own biggest fan.  Success starts with you, and your energy and light spreads like wildfire.

Coach Yulia





No comments:

Post a Comment